cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network connection

Familiaphotog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, We signed up with Public mobile last night and I got my phone connected in about 10 minutes. Then I did all the same things with my husbands and NO connection. 

We have waited almost 10 hours and still nothing. We have taken the sim card out a few times, we have restarted the phone many times, we have gone to settings and tried to adjust celluar network data and still no connection. 

Do you think we need a different sim card?

21 REPLIES 21

Familiaphotog

Thanks yes I am waiting for them to reply again. I had to ask a few times to talk to a human as the computer was giving me all the same info that I have already tried. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Familiaphotog 

Only moderator can access your account.  If you already created your support ticket, wait for their help.  

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

Familiaphotog

Done all of these suggestions and still nothing 

@Familiaphotog If you can't use Simon, contact tje moderators directly through private message here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

While you wait for tjem try these tricks to kickstart your service.

Tricks to reset phone
You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

Familiaphotog

I am not unhappy with the plan but I have not even been able to use the plan because we can't get the phone to connect at all. I am saying to connect is very frustrating for what should be straight forward and this process of finding out whats wrong with it is taking a long time. 

The mods will be able to assist you. 

When you have your phones working, I would suggest you have a look at self service to see all the options there and to browse the community to see what type of questions and solutions may be of interest to you. I am very satisfied with the plan I have with PM.

Familiaphotog

Ok I am trying to do all the steps but this is kind of ridiculous. Supposed to be simple 

Familiaphotog

Yes all of that is correct

I am trying to contact Simon now. 

Yes both self serve accounts are working fine 

Familiaphotog

Ya good Idea thank you 

mimmo

@Familiaphotog do not jump straight to bad sim,  it is rare that sims do not work.   go though the moderator_team to get get directions.  if they say it is a faulty sim then ask them to credit the cost of a new one to your account.

any out of pocket expenses /initiatives will probably not  be refunded. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Familiaphotog 

Log in to the self-serve of that account and make sure you're looking at that account. Maybe you activated that account with the same email address.

If you can log in then:

look for the status to say Active

check to make sure the last four digits of the SIM # are the same as physically on the SIM card (or shell) by going into Change SIM. Don't complete it...just look.

Then two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Familiaphotog

Ok thank you I will try to contact simon 

mimmo

hi @Familiaphotog  just to recap

• sim one  in phone one works
  • sim two in phone two does not work
  • sim one in phone two works
  • sim 2 in phone one does not work

I would submit a ticket Via SIMon and ask the moderators to investigate.  you probably had an activation error and the sim is not "activated" on the network.

I am also assuming that selfserve for account 2 is working fine.?  do the sim# match?   

Phone the  retailer first before making the trip down.

Familiaphotog

Can I just take in the non working SIM and have them replace it?

Might be a bad sim card. Account might not have been provisioned properly.

Please contact a Moderator who can access your account to assist you:

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page

Step 2: Tell “Simon”what the issue is

Step 3: Ask for “Moderator””

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6: Create your ticket

After submission, monitor your private message box in the top right hand corner by selecting the envelop icon.The Moderator’s reply will be in your inbox folder. Your sent folder will contain your ticket submission.

Some web browser are a bit finicky with contacting SIMon, therefore you can use this link to contact a moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Familiaphotog

I tried the other sim card and it connected to the network 

So i need a new SIM card. But do I really have to pay again for the sim card, that doesn't seem fair. 

Familiaphotog

I will try the other sim in it now. 

It was a telus phone and has worked just fine before last night 

It is a iPhone 7 

Familiaphotog

Yes the phone is unlocked 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Familiaphotog 

Try your working SIM in that phone.

What make/model/submodel is the phone?

If it's not a new phone then did it possibly come from Rogers/Fido/Chatr?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Is the phone unlocked?

Try your sim card in your husband's phone. If it works, it is unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.