cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network connection

Lhufana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Suddenly I lost my network connection last night. I tried reconnecting to the network but it says “unable to connect”. I need an assistance.

20 REPLIES 20

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Darryl25 you're welcome.  Always try a reboot first, it fixes so many odd/sudden issues.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Darryl25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@srlawren wrote:

@Lhufana just to rule out the simple things first:  have you rebooted your phone recently?  If not, please power it off, remove the SIM card, wait about 60 seconds, then re-insert the SIM card and power the phone back on.  Let us know if that makes any difference.

@SI wrote:

I came to public mobile today. I need my phone, immediately. Unfortunately, there is not a network connection with the phone. I have reboot the phone three times, but it did not work. while there is no direct connection way to talk with the customer service, my account is activated and the phone is OK. I am sure the problem is with public mobile. I am worried about my choice of public mobile. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks.

You're right that is quite possible that Public Mobile is the issue with an problem with the activation.

However, it is also possible that there is problem with the phone.  I know you say the phone is fine, but who was the last carrier that you used it on?  Also, what model is it?  Not all phone are compatible with all carriers even if they are unlocked.

SI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I came to public mobile today. I need my phone, immediately. Unfortunately, there is not a network connection with the phone. I have reboot the phone three times, but it did not work. while there is no direct connection way to talk with the customer service, my account is activated and the phone is OK. I am sure the problem is with public mobile. I am worried about my choice of public mobile. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks.

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lhufana wrote:

I’ve rebooted it several times, no luck.

I just re-read the thread... it looks like this is a different issue as your initial one?

Lhufana

I’ve rebooted it several times, no luck.

Noosiekins

@Lhufana wrote:

Hi,

I was renewing my $8 unlimited talk in U.S. and Canada (x10 days). My first add on had already expired. So rebbot means? turn off my cell or remove and re insertmy sim card?

I apologize I’m not a "techy”.

Reboot means turning your phone off fully, then turning it back on 🙂

Lhufana

Hi,

I was renewing my $8 unlimited talk in U.S. and Canada (x10 days). My first add on had already expired. So rebbot means? turn off my cell or remove and re insertmy sim card?

I apologize I’m not a "techy”.

Noosiekins

it happened to me last week and it was a reboot that helped.

Lhufana

Just to let you know that it was the rebooting that helped  me regain my connection. 

The moderator still asking for my ( wrong) PIN.

You are right Slawren.

Thanks! 

srlawren

@Lhufana I doubt they did anything that quickly.  Had they done anything, you would also have received a reply to your private message.  

I'm a bit confused though--is your service only working on your old phone?  Or have you moved the SIM card back to your primary phone and it's working fine there too?  If the latter, it was probably just a loose SIM card or your phone needed rebooting.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lhufana

Just to inform you guys that my connection is back.

I opened my (old ) phone and reinsert the battery and turned it on. 

But this was after sending a PM message to a nice community moderator.

I don’t know if they were the ones who solved my problem.

Thanks for the assistance

srlawren

@Lhufana just to rule out the simple things first:  have you rebooted your phone recently?  If not, please power it off, remove the SIM card, wait about 60 seconds, then re-insert the SIM card and power the phone back on.  Let us know if that makes any difference.

mimmo

@Lhufana if you are a legasy customer you might benefit to switching to current plan as you will get loyalty and auto pay rewards.

It's not the same deal elsewhere.. no matter what they tell you.

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Never heard of them terminating service in this way. I don't think any provider would. Open them up to legit complaints. They prefer threatning a price increase and offer you the same deal you currently have with Koodo.

Lhufana

Thank you for the assistance. I will go to a Telus booth and check my sim.

Lhufana

I am a legacy client, I have never had a problem with connections. I have been using my phone for a long time. I wonder if this is Public Mobile’s way of  terminating my  service?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Lhufanawrote:

Hi,

Suddenly I lost my network connection last night. I tried reconnecting to the network but it says “unable to connect”. I need an assistance.

You have gone in and checked your netwrok settings on you phone?  I would also try your sim in another phone that is unlocked or locked to the telus network.  If it works in the new phone you have a hardware issue.  If it doesn't you have a bad sim.

ETA  @twest666 beat me!! lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Could you try your SIM in another unlocked or locked to telus/koodo phone and tell us the results?

Need Help? Let's chat.