cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zenanarchy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: No mobile data on new phone. APN problem?

No. Unfortunately that doesn't help. Thanks for trying though.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zenanarchyOn some Asus phones the + is the same color as the background. Is you phone running Android 9.0?

Take a look at the screenshot below and tap on the red square.

zenanarchy

@geopublic wrote:

@zenanarchyOn some Asus phones the + is the same color as the background. Is you phone running Android 9.0?

Oh man you got my hopes up big time there, but unfortunately there really is no "+".

I just noticed that there's a system update on the phone, so I'm going to do that and see if it changes anything.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zenanarchy wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Oh man you badly hopes up big time there, but unfortunately there really is no "+".

I just noticed that there's a system update on the phone, so I'm going to do that and see if it changes anything.

@zenanarchy  Yes, you should definitely take the update if it's the Android Pie upgrade then you should be able to add an APN without any issues.

zenanarchy

@geopublic wrote:

@zenanarchy wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Oh man you badly hopes up big time there, but unfortunately there really is no "+".

@zenanarchy  Yes, you should definitely take the update if it's the Android Pie upgrade then you should be able to add an APN without any issues.

It looks like it was only a security patch. Still no APN dialog.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried My APN Manager or some other app like that?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zenanarchy  DO you have a friend that is currently using Freedom Mobile, Fitz or Speakout? If yes, just ask them to borrow their sim, insert it in your phone and add the Public APN. Another option is to go online and order a roam.com sim from ebay or amazon.

Good Luck.!

View solution in original post

zenanarchy

Have you tried My APN Manager or some other app like that?
@geopublic wrote:

@zenanarchy  DO you have a friend that is currently using Freedom Mobile, Fitz or Speakout? If yes, just ask them to borrow their sim, insert it in your phone and add the Public APN. Another option is to go online and order a roam.com sim from ebay or amazon.

Good Luck.!

I haven't tried an APN manager yet. I don't want the first thing I do with the new phone to be indiscriminately installing random apps that frick with its settings. I'm not sure if there's one that would work.

I do plan on trying to find a SIM. I hope I don't have to buy one. Jeez. Everyone I know is either on PM, Bell, or Koodo.

zenanarchy

Bought a Roam SIM from Amazon, and was then able to manually add the APN.

DavidL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased my wife the exact same ASUS ZenFone Max (M2) phone [model X01BDA] and had the same APN problem with Public Mobile. I installed "APN Settings" from Google Play and copied every APN setting from my Xperia XZ Premium (also using Public Mobile) to the ASUS phone. Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thenatureweb.apnsettings

Everything now works great... Thanks OP for your persistence! 

Tags (1)
Need Help? Let's chat.