cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer receiving text from iPhone users

Ria19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Samsung s9 and this afternoon my phone stopped receiving text messages when sent from an iPhone.

1. Ive been able to recieve text messages from iPhone users right until this morning

2. When the iPhone user sends me a text is shows as delivered on their end 

3. My public mobile account is active with nothing at its limit

4. I can send text messages to anyone

5. I've had the iPhone sender turn off their iMessage and then send me a text with no change 

6. My USA add on plan expired this afternoon but my mobile network still says public mobile and I've been back in Canada sending/receiving texts for a few days with no issues. 

7. I've restarted the phone with no results 

8. I've removed the SIM card, restarted and replaced SIM card no results 

9 I've checked my mobile network and its correct. 

6 REPLIES 6

ileftkoodo

my wife had the same problem. She restarted her phone and it seemed to work after 20 mins. 

Ria19

Thank you! I will post on this thread tomorrow with an update 

@Ria19 That text behaviour is a known bug associated with any US Roaming add-on that includes texting. Normally it clears the day after the US Roaming add-on expires.

If it doesn't, or you'd rather not wait, click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages. Refer to the following knowledge base for additional information on contacting the moderator team. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Ria19 wrote:

New update  I can send texts to any type of phone and on different carriers but I'm not receiving any texts from any type of phone 

@Ria19  OK, that could be the result of the US roaming add-on. Usually this fixes itself within 24 hours of returning back to Canada. Another option is to notify PM to reset it. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Ria19

New update  I can send texts to any type of phone and on different carriers but I'm not receiving any texts from any type of phone 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ria19 wrote:

I have a Samsung s9 and this afternoon my phone stopped receiving text messages when sent from an iPhone.

1. Ive been able to recieve text messages from iPhone users right until this morning

2. When the iPhone user sends me a text is shows as delivered on their end 

3. My public mobile account is active with nothing at its limit

4. I can send text messages to anyone

5. I've had the iPhone sender turn off their iMessage and then send me a text with no change 

6. My USA add on plan expired this afternoon but my mobile network still says public mobile and I've been back in Canada sending/receiving texts for a few days with no issues. 

7. I've restarted the phone with no results 

8. I've removed the SIM card, restarted and replaced SIM card no results 

9 I've checked my mobile network and its correct. 

@Ria19  If you check your usage history does the iphone text sender show up in your logs?

Need Help? Let's chat.