cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet before and after DUE DAY, enough fund, money has withdrawn from credit card.

Bruce2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This had happened 3 times. Jan 09,2020  is the due day. But my internet service stopped yesterday afternoon. My account suspended this morning even the payment has been taken from my credit card account. MY account on Public Mobile showing inactive, Plan expired. My payment history also showing the payment was successful.  I tried to suspend my service by choosing the lost phone option several times. This afternoon my account shows plan active. But I still don't have internet service.  I put my wife's sim card (public mobile) on my phone, then I have the internet. But when I put my own sim card on my wife's phone, no internet. we are using the same brand and model smartphone. So this is not a smartphone-related issue. What should I do?????? I very much appreciate any kind of suggestions.

20 REPLIES 20

@computergeek541  @ChuckYeah 

Yes...thats why I like to direct members to the rewards page because it states your renewal (new plan cycle) starts on that date rather than the overviews "make a payment by 11:59 pm et. on this date" statement which makes the date incorrect.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@J-L Just a couple of things to look into:

1. Your plan renews every 30 days, so if you renewed on the 1st of January, you'll renew again on the 31st of January.

2. There have been some reports of two seperate dates showing in self serve. One on the overview page and one on the plans and add on page. Check and see if yours are different and this might identify the issue you had. Mine are the same, but others have reported they're different.

To my knowledge, all account now show the same date in both places. This is unfortunate because there is a message below one of the dates that makes it look like that customers have an additional day to pay when they actually don't.

@J-L Just a couple of things to look into:

1. Your plan renews every 30 days, so if you renewed on the 1st of January, you'll renew again on the 31st of January.

2. There have been some reports of two seperate dates showing in self serve. One on the overview page and one on the plans and add on page. Check and see if yours are different and this might identify the issue you had. Mine are the same, but others have reported they're different.

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Bruce2020 wrote:

This had happened 3 times. Jan 09,2020  is the due day. But my internet service stopped yesterday afternoon. My account suspended this morning even the payment has been taken from my credit card account. MY account on Public Mobile showing inactive, Plan expired. My payment history also showing the payment was successful.  I tried to suspend my service by choosing the lost phone option several times. This afternoon my account shows plan active. But I still don't have internet service.  I put my wife's sim card (public mobile) on my phone, then I have the internet. But when I put my own sim card on my wife's phone, no internet. we are using the same brand and model smartphone. So this is not a smartphone-related issue. What should I do?????? I very much appreciate any kind of suggestions.

The same thing or similar happened to me last month. I had lots of data and was trying to use it up before renewal but the day before payment due date my data stopped working ( with lots left) and a note in red appeared on my self serve account overview page saying my account was suspended. Then they took my payment (autopay) early. I lost the unused data even though I had another day left before due date and renewal.

@Bruce2020 wrote:

After doing a reset on a network, wifi, Bluetooth, and a reboot. Now the internet is coming back. Thank you, everybody!

@Bruce2020  Good to hear:)  You can actually unselect the solution you marked since you managed to troubleshoot the issue and got it resolved by yourself and didn't need moderators' help.  Good luck!

@Bruce2020  Troubleshooting success! No need for customer service next time it happens. (Hopefully.) Unless its a whole different issue.

Bruce2020

After doing a reset on a network, wifi, Bluetooth, and a reboot. Now the internet is coming back. Thank you, everybody!

@Bruce2020  You may want to (as many of us do) manually add funds to your account to cover your renewal a couple of days ahead of time. This is also a good time to review your account, payment history, rewards etc...to make sure everything is in order. I like to take a couple of screenshots in case some kind of change occurs and proof is necessary to resolve the issue. Just think of it as 10 minutes of account housekeeping and a little assurance that you won't suffer thru an occasional autopay fail. With the use of the lost/stolen feature this would be a good idea for you to employ before your next renewal as it's very likely your rewards will not be applied.

Bruce2020

Thanks , ticket created.

Bruce2020

Thanks, buddy. will do it.

@ChuckYeah  @Bruce2020  Using the lost/stolen feature will not remove your autopay but it will cause your rewards to not be applied on your next renewal. It is best to then contact the moderators after renewal and ask for them to be applied manually to your account.

Bruce2020

Thanks, ticked has been sent to the moderator.

Bruce2020

The first time it happened was because my credit card expired and I forgot to renew it. So I made the payment and renewed the autopay with new credit. The following month, my account was suspended again because the system could not get the payment. So I have to renew my credit again.  The first two times my account was suspended, after reactivation, everything was fine.  But this time, after I reactive the account, the internet is still not working.

@Bruce2020 If you have a credit card on file, it has been said that adding $1 to your account will force your phone to re-provision. If you try this and it fails, the $1 will stay on your account for your next renewal. No big deal.

If that doesn't work,  you could try the more "drastic" Lost Phone Trick:

Caution! There have been reports that the lost phone trick removes your autopay and may be other rewards for the cycle, please be aware of that before trying this solution.

1. Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.
2. Wait 5-10 minutes.
3. Re-login to self serve and report phone found.
4. Reboot your phone. This seems to reset your SIM card and has been known to reactivate your account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bruce2020 wrote:

@Bruce2020  From what you described it appears your plan was going through the renewal process. If your phone was working then it would have been best to not suspend your account through by doing the lost/stolen repeatedly. When you plan is going through renewal best to stay away and let it complete. Maybe your data stopped working because you used it all up.

As menioned best to submit a ticket to the moderators for help.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Bruce2020 wrote:

@Bruce2020 Create a ticket with moderators. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions.

What happened the previous two times? Did your service resume the second day?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bruce2020  Your data portion probably didn't provision correctly during renewal. You can try toggling airplane mode on and off but you will likely need to contact the moderators to fix it within your account. Click on the (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Then keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Bruce2020 wrote:

@Bruce2020   Error messages showing account expired/suspended on renewal date are ususally common and you are advised to ignore so long as your phone services are working.  Does the the rest of phone service work, calling/texting?

It doesn seem strange that everything works when you put your SIM in your wife's phone, so you may need to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue and then select the contact moderators an submit ticket options once they appear on the screen for you.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator  using the virtual assistant. Type moderator and follow the prompts.

@Bruce2020 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.