cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming/outgoing calls?

Attais
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to a new phone after breaking my old one and i was having some issues connecting to data, so I manually set up my APN and since then I'm unable to make calls and any calls received goes straight to voicemail.

I can still text and use data

2 REPLIES 2

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Attais wrote:

I switched to a new phone after breaking my old one and i was having some issues connecting to data, so I manually set up my APN and since then I'm unable to make calls and any calls received goes straight to voicemail.

Public Mobile uses 3g bands B5: 850Mhz and B2: 1900Mhz for voice call. What phone model do you have? Do you know if it support B5 and B2?

You can put your IMEI number here and check your phone compatibility:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

@Attais wrote:

Your APN setting issues have nothing to do with your calling issues.  Your APN settings could be set completely wrong and phone calls would still work.

I am suspecting that the 3g network may have been accidently disabled.  If your phone is set to a network type of "LTE only", you won't be able to make or receive calls, although texting and data would still work.

It's also possible that your new phone might not be 3g-network comptabile.  Where did you get it from and what model is it?

Need Help? Let's chat.