cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls/texts

Leigh01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Since sometime overnight Thursday or Friday morning, I've not been able to receive calls or texts. Can call and send just fine. I've read the boards and tried everything that was suggested. My bill is paid, lol , so I know it's not that. I've even removed the sim, but cannot remove battery as it is internal. Samsung Galaxy S6.  Thanks for any help. 

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Leigh01 wrote:

Hi, thanks very much. Switching sims back and forth seems to have it back now. Thanks again. Excellent job by the community. 

Thank you for report back your success.

Continue to enjoy your saving with PM.

Leigh01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, thanks very much. Switching sims back and forth seems to have it back now. Thanks again. Excellent job by the community. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Leigh01 

1.  What plan do you have?

If you have the $10 plan with 50 minutes + 50 outgoing texts you may have used all your minutes and texts for the current cycle.

2.  To eliminate hardware issue, try your SIM card with another phone.  Use another SIM on your phone.  Please report result.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Leigh01 check to see if DND is enabled. Reset your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

Reset Network Settings - Samsung Galaxy S6
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings. > Backup and reset. These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. From the Reset section, tap Reset network settings.
  3. Review the info then tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. Review the info then tap RESET SETTINGS to confirm.

Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Leigh01 can you check if do not disturb is enabled?

try resetting your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try cycling Airplane mode on/off. See if that makes any difference.

Need Help? Let's chat.