cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No iPhone voicemail notification

diveman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I joined PM today and can't be happier!  The port from Koodo was seamless as I followed the instructions. 

The only issue I seem to have is that I do not get a notification on my iPhone when a message is left. I can access VM using the VM button on the phone or using the "1" key. I can retrieve the messages with no problem but I do have to check manually. 

I have reset the network settings. I have rebooted the phone and still no joy. 

I am on an iPhone 7plus with all the current updates. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

inNV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

what was the fix i have the same issue, with an iphone 6 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks for confirming everything works @diverman 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Teezem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Here are some possible solutions for those who may encounter Voicemail Notification issues in the future:

* Also found this to be a somewhat common issue among iOS10 on iPhones 6 and up.

1. Issues related to device settings:

Restart your iPhone and reset the device settings. Usually this should solve the issue, but to make sure that it does not happen again, Tap on settings and go to the general reset feature. Click on "Reset" followed by "Reset Network Settings". This can be summarized as “Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings”.

2. Issues related to carrier settings:

Restart your iPhone and make sure it is connected to the internet. Tap on Settings, then go to the General feature and select “About”. This can be summarized as “Settings>General>About”. If there are mandatory settings, you will get a prompt that only says “OK”. If it is a simple update, then you will have the option of accepting or declining the update.

3. Why does iPhone voicemail experience delays?

The answer to this will lie in the settings of your voicemail. Usually after installing a tethering hack, the settings of the .IPCC file which has the carrier settings, is changed, thereby disabling your voicemail. The solution to this is quite simple; restore your voicemail settings on the network using “Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings”.

4. Why iPhone cannot connect to voicemail?

When your voicemail screen shows “Cannot Connect to Voicemail”, the error is caused when you change SIM cards or restore the device to factory settings. Here is how to correct the error.

Step 1) Call your own number from the iPhone, and you will be connected to your voicemail.

Step 2) Press the star (*) to go to the menu; if you have a password, enter it now.

Step 3) Once in the Menu, select “Personal Settings”.

Step 4) Select "Administrative Options" and "Passwords".

Step 5) Follow the on-screen prompts to temporarily disable your password.

Step 6) Hang up and then repeat from step 1 again, but this time, when you get to step 6, turn on your password.

Step 7) Hang up once again, and wait for a minute or two, and you will get a dialog pop-up which will ask you for your password.

Step 😎 Enter the password, and you will be able to connect to your voicemail once again. If your voicemail has a lot of messages, then it will take some time for them to be added, so be patient.

diveman

Thanks to the mystery MoD for taking care of this issue. Seems it just started working.

diveman

Just wondering if anyone of the mods have had a chance to look into this situation. I realize things are a bit hairy right now so I am not freaking out but it would be nice to receive an answer. @Brooke_C did reach out asking if it was fixed and I replied that it wasn't and have not heard from anyone since. 

Just checking,

Mike

@Shazia_K

diveman

Ok...I have changed over the whole family now.  Fantastic porting process with no major glitches.

Here is where we stand with the iPhone voicemail notifications.

iPhone 7 Plus - No notification - latest software - did a factory reset - tried SIM in another phone - same issue.  

iPhone 6 - No notification - latest software - did a factory reset - tried SIM in another phone - same issue.  

iPhone 5 - Perfect functionality.  

Tried iPhone 5 sim card in iPhone 7 Plus and voicemail notification worked.

Tried iPhone 5 sim card in iPhone 6 and voicemail notification worked.

Tried iPhone 7 Plus sim card in iPhone 5 and voicemail notification did NOT work.

Tried iPhone 6 sim card in iPhone 5 and voicemail notification did NOT work.

I suspect it is either an issue with the iPhone 6 and up OR it is a carrier issue with the way that the notification is pushed out.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you try on another phone though?

diveman

Still no joy. I reset network settings, reset the phone, nuked the phone and still the same issue. Apple says it is a carrier issue.  Everything is working but the voicemail notification. 

I have a pm to a mod but no reply as of yet. I know they are busy. 

MCAN

That's odd. I have had no problems with my voicemail at all. In fact, it works better than my previous service with Virgin!

teknowiz

I have iPhone 6s Plus running latest iOS and voicemail notification works without any issues. Try backing up phone and resetting it. Restore backup once voicemail notification works properly.

diveman
I will try to do a sim swap and see if that makes a difference. I don't want to do a full factory reset until the end.

I am not talking about Visual Voice Mail. I know that we don't have that on PM.

Shutdown
Think he's just talking about voicemail notification.

Jsauter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I do not believe PM supports visual voicemail for the iPhones.

Shutdown

Or better yet try the sim card in another phone if you have one and see if the problem persists?

Shutdown

If you have no issue accessing the voicemail then I think its likely that the issue is with the iphone itself rather then PM. Try factory resetting your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.