cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

Lrozenberg88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can phone but cannot access data. Data is enabled. Sim card is activated . I have LG phone, model K210. Thank you for your help.

23 REPLIES 23

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 : Y'know...I looked at that post and thought I might say something. Then I looked at it again and thought of saying something else. Then I decided to not.

I interpreted it as turning on the cellular data option under the VPN app giving the app permission to use cellular data.

He did say "Do you have VPN..".

Yes, I did see that, but my point was that I thought that the possibility wasn't as likely compared to an APN issue or the data being disabled under the device's main Mobile Data options.

@apalchev   What brand and model is your phone?  

So, it has been like this for a year?  So, only voice working from no data at all?

Give us the phone model and maybe we can walk you though to check the APN settings.

@apalchev 

Try this one...

Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank

Server: Leave blank

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Leave blank

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : Y'know...I looked at that post and thought I might say something. Then I looked at it again and thought of saying something else. Then I decided to not.

I interpreted it as turning on the cellular data option under the VPN app giving the app permission to use cellular data.

He did say "Do you have VPN..".

@apalchev 

What is the make and model of your phone. Not all phones will automatically add the provider's APN. You will probably have to edit your APN on your phone yourself. It may still list Freedoms APN or autofilled the Telus or Koodo one instead.

@lmkwan wrote:

Do you have VPN on your phone? Go to your VPN app under the settings menu and make sure that cellular data is turned on. Worked for me a couple of months ago when my data didn’t work. Let me know if this helps you.

Having a VPN on your phone could interfere with data connectivety, yes. However, I believe that most people don't have one of these installed on their phones. As for making sure that data is enabled, it's actually the APN settings that need to be checked and enabled and mobiel data enabled in the network connnectivity settings.

lmkwan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you have VPN on your phone? Go to your VPN app under the settings menu and make sure that cellular data is turned on. Worked for me a couple of months ago when my data didn’t work. Let me know if this helps you.

apalchev

different phone but also can not get any data on Public mobile since day 1.
worked totally fine on Freedom mobile. It has been a year and nobody was able to help... what if the problem is not on my side? does anyone actually have admin power to check what's going on on the network side?

@Lrozenberg88 awesome great to hear! 

Lrozenberg88

Factory resetting of the phone worked. Thank you.

@MUSA then go into add ons and add some data. You first need to add funds to your account then you can complete the add on process. So if you want 1G add 15.00 to your account by making a one time payment.

Then go to addons and add the 1G, it will apply immediately and you will be on your way.

But if you need much more then that it may be cost effective to change your plan. how mich longer do you have until renewal?

@Lrozenberg88 did you re enter @RossN 's APN settings above  after the network reset? Thanks.  Enable data after and try sending an mms message. 

MUSA

Hi, just need to top up my data to push me up to date of payment of my plan because mine it’s finished.thanks

@Lrozenberg88 wrote:

I did a network reset but it didnt solve a problem. I didnt do factory reset yet. I’m little aprehensive doing that. It might  not help and i might loose some data. There is no guarantee that it will help right?

Please confirm that you still have data to use. Log into My Account / My Data & Add-ons to see how much has been consumed...if you see none, that's indicating that its been used up until next renewal. You can also consider a data add-on (1GB / $15) to carry you over if your data has been exhausted already.

Lrozenberg88

I did a network reset but it didnt solve a problem. I didnt do factory reset yet. I’m little aprehensive doing that. It might  not help and i might loose some data. There is no guarantee that it will help right?

@Lrozenberg88  I hope you made a back-up of your phone first before you do a factory reset? I hope you did!?!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Lrozenberg88  LG phones require at minimum a network reset and sometimes a factory reset . Do a network reset and use @RossN 's apn settings when you get back in.

From any home screen, swipe left to locate and tap Settings. Select the General tab or scroll to and tap Reset. Tap Network settings reset > RESET SETTINGS > Reset Settings. A 'Network settings have been reset' message briefly flashes to indicate the reset is complete.

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lrozenberg88  Try resetting your network settings and restart your phone. Note that after the reset you will have to re enter your Wi-Fi passwords.

Austin_YQU
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If your phone has latest update and you have plan with data, you should be able to access it. Log in to your account and see how data is used and how is left.

@gpixel nothing better to do lol

@RossN is killin it today! good job!

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Lrozenberg88 wrote:

I can phone but cannot access data. Data is enabled. Sim card is activated . I have LG phone, model K210. Thank you for your help.

Try resetting your phone. Then after reset look through the network settings and set it to Public mobile. Did you just recently port over to Public?

Also check your self serve account and see that you have not used up all your data. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Lrozenberg88 hi did you just sign up ?  make sure your data is enabled try these settings Tap - settings - network and internet - mobile network - advanced ( scroll down to ) - access point names
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220