cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data/text/calls

Deborah13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone was working fine. I was a new customer about 2 weeks ago. I was using my phone this morning and then all of sudden nothing was working. I think it's the SIM card. I tried taking it out and back in again and restarting my phone. Still won't work. I tried putting in another phone and it won't work there either. I can't make/receive calls, text messages or use data. Only thing working is WIFI. Please help.

16 REPLIES 16

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Deborah13 

We are happy problem is solved, in the future, if you have any questions or concerns, the PM community is here to help.

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Deborah13 wrote:

It's been fixed, but I don't know how. Must have been tech support by moderator. It just started to work again. Thank you to everyone for your support and troubleshooting.  I learned a lot and hope that this never happens again. Have a great night! 

im glad it's all sorted out now and working!

Deborah13

It's been fixed, but I don't know how. Must have been tech support by moderator. It just started to work again. Thank you to everyone for your support and troubleshooting.  I learned a lot and hope that this never happens again. Have a great night! 

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

Public Mobile is pretty good about these things...

@Deborah13  there could be something wrong with the SIM card.  Try taking it to PM and they will replace it and check it for you.

Stay safe and healthy.

Eliza5

@Deborah13 wrote:

thank you. I didn't think of that. I looked and it was the last text I sent, nothing since. A Moderator is looking into this situation for me. thanks to everyone for all the great advice. I appreciate it.

For future reference, please let us know when it gets resolved and what was the corrective measure to fix it.

Thanks

Deborah13

thank you. I didn't think of that. I looked and it was the last text I sent, nothing since. A Moderator is looking into this situation for me. thanks to everyone for all the great advice. I appreciate it.

@Deborah13 

Also can you please log back in and check that your sim number and the sim number in your account match

If they don't pleasechange your security question and password asap

Wow that's a new one

It is possible that is sim

Before touching the sim again could you please try (in your self serve) reporting your phone lost then report it found and restart the phone.

If that doesn't work try cleaning the sim with alcohol

@Deborah13 can you check to see your usage on the account see when the last time there was a text sent? Just want ro make sure that someone is not using that number are my thoughts. 

Deborah13

status is showing active.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Deborah13 wrote:

My phone was working fine. I was a new customer about 2 weeks ago. I was using my phone this morning and then all of sudden nothing was working. I think it's the SIM card. I tried taking it out and back in again and restarting my phone. Still won't work. I tried putting in another phone and it won't work there either. I can't make/receive calls, text messages or use data. Only thing working is WIFI. Please help.

@mpcdesign...looks like @Deborah13  is gone for now...but she did mention that she tried the sim in a different phone without success.

As we haven't heard back, I wonder if the account was suspended for some reason. Until she checks her account status and gets back to us...we'll never know for sure.

😷

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Deborah13, since we haven't back, does that mean, no news is good news?

If not, by any chance can you test the SIM card on a different phone? I only ask to see if if it is a device issue or the SIM. I agree with the OP that a SIM doesn't poop out like that but it could. And the other OP said maybe, your number got jacked. That would totally suck, to be honest with you. But, by testing it on somebody's else phone or an old phone could be peace of mind knowing the later two issues would be a bummer!

@Deborah13 

If you just activated 2 weeks ago, your account should still be active.  But, check your self service account.  

Sim card rarely malfunctioned, but possible. 

If you are unable to access your self service account, it may be possible the somebody SIM jacked your account.  Ie. Somebody fraudulently ported  your number to another account.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Deborah13 service doesnt usually just drop except in extenuating circumstances. Did you receive any sort of text this morning saying your number was being ported? 

If you use any banking apps, I would go and change your password immediately.. Just speaking from experience seeing this happen to friends. I dont want to alarm you but you should be cautious. 

Contact the Moderators: By clicking on the question mark asking to speak to a human. 

@Ciprian_C  @Gely_F  @can you help this customer as this might be a bit more urgen

Cheers

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Deborah13 Can you tell what does your self-service account status? Active or Suspended?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Have you logged into your self serve account and checked the status of your account? What does it say?

What happens when you call 611?

Need Help? Let's chat.