cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data service after resetting SIM info

ppoppppopps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Reset PC Mobile APN data and cannot get any service after rebooting, using WiFi and then rebooting and selecting SIM card service.  Phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.  Personal payment/data pages all up to date.

10 REPLIES 10

@ppoppppopps force close your texting app and restart the phone. Thanks.

ppoppppopps

Only change from APN settigs, was to set name to "Mobile Internet" from Public Mobile.

Rebooted the phone and the network WAS connected. Setup as WiFi, and was connected there. Reset to mobile data - no connection. Rebooted the phone into Public Mobile, and no connection. No SMS or MMS messaging either. Rebooted phone after selecting WiFi. then selected Public Mobile, and connected. reset into WiFi. Connected. turned off WiFi. Mobile connected (was the sequence always expected until today). Okay, toggled Wifi on/off a number of times - more than 5, I've lost track. Phone not rebooted Everything works right now, but for messages. Unable to set Hangouts with Public Mobile number, as Hangouts code is not received. My goodness - too much for this old, old guy.

Thank you all for your help just by responding.

I'm out of here.

Stay safe, all of you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ppoppppopps  Check the APN settings to make they are correct. Make sure MVNO type is set to GID.

@ppoppppopps can you send an mms text message?  Thanks. 

ppoppppopps

Yes, to both questions

ppoppppopps

yes to both ; the name is set to Public Mobile, not, erroneously as sent, PC Mobile.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Is it a typo or did you really choose pc mobile apn? You need public instead.

Can you do network reset?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ppoppppopps  enable data and try sending an mms message. If it works, your APN settings are correct.  If not please change them to match the ones below. Or post yours so that we can take a look at them for you. Stay safe. 

APN settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: Not set      
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: Not set
MVNO value: Not set

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ppoppppopps Not sure why, or what you're trying to do.

1. What message appears after rebooting with PM SIM installed?
  2. You've been a member for 3 years? Did data work in an earlier phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ppoppppopps wrote:

Reset PC Mobile APN data and cannot get any service after rebooting, using WiFi and then rebooting and selecting SIM card service.  Phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.  Personal payment/data pages all up to date.

Are you a Public Mobile customer?

Aso, is your APN set to sp.mb.com ?

Need Help? Let's chat.