cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data connection, cannot reset APN,any ideas?

s1000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot use data and I cannot reset my APN in my Oukitel C17Pro running android 9.. when I click APN in settings, it does not have a + sign for me to add new APN, and it does not allow me to edit (greyed out). Anyone have any ideas? It is showing telus in the APN settings.... I also just noticed on my phone under sim card settings, its showing that I have a Telus sim even though i actually have a PubMobile sim card 

9 REPLIES 9

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gblackma wrote:

@fujiyama wjat does the code do? Thanks

It updates the Preferred Roaming List

A comment on reddit explains this nicely:

The PRL doesn't directly affect LTE. But on many devices, performing a PRL update will force the modem to restart and then go through it's scan list again for connections. This can indirectly result in better performance if the device connects to a different part of the network with less congestion or something like that.

...worth a try before having to go hunt for a Freedom sim right? Robot LOL

@fujiyama what does the code do? Thanks

@fujiyama wrote:

@s1000 

Can you try "calling" this code by entering this into your phone dialer: ##72786#

I'm curious to know if it can be another fix for this problem, without resorting to a Freedom sim card. Thanks.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@s1000 

Can you try "calling" this code by entering this into your phone dialer: ##72786#

I'm curious to know if it can be another fix for this problem, without resorting to a Freedom sim card. Thanks.

s1000

thanks i will find a sim card to try

s1000

It would not enable me to edit or add... it's locked out for some reason

Get a freedom mobile SIM and insert it into the phone. Use it to edit your settings.This unlocks all kinds of settings that your PM SIM won't.

@s1000 

Some android phones with specific OS systems have had issues of not being able to edit APN settings.  One trick is to use another companies SIM card like Freedom mobile, which allows customers to edit APN settings.  Then re-insert your PM sim card.  

Can also try rebooting phone.  Network reset.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@s1000 wrote:

I cannot use data and I cannot reset my APN in my Oukitel C17Pro running android 9.. when I click APN in settings, it does not have a + sign for me to add new APN, and it does not allow me to edit (greyed out). Anyone have any ideas? It is showing telus in the APN settings.... I also just noticed on my phone under sim card settings, its showing that I have a Telus sim even though i actually have a PubMobile sim card 

@s1000  Go into settings-> Network & internet -> Mobile Networks and manually select Public Mobile. Then go into the APN and change the Telus APN from sp.telus.com to sp.mb.com do not change anything else. Try saving the APN entry or just hit the back button if it doesn't let you save your change. Test to see if data works.

Need Help? Let's chat.