Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No answer to my return request

FDjossou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I ordered an iPhone on Dec., 23.

As it was too late to cancel my order, I wrote to "device.return@publicmobile.ca" on Dec., 27 (Sunday), asking about the procedure.

I received my iPhone two days later but no answer to my mail.

On Dec., 30 (Wednesday), according to my chat with SIMON", I sent a second e-mail with all the informations required. I hoped I'll receive a mail of confirmation. Today (January, 1rst - OK, it is a holiday), I still have no answer. Is that normal?

Regards.

Fernand

18 REPLIES 18

FDjossou

Happy End

High five to PM teams: the refund was done so quickly that, when I decided to go check it out, I saw that it had been done about a week earlier!

Thanks also to all of you, who supported me

Best regards.

Fernand

FDjossou

Hi everyone

Everything is OK now: I received the mail package and return the phone yesterday.

Thanks to all the community, thanks to the moderators and high Five to Public Mobile 🙂

FDjossou

Thanks !

Best wishes for you too.

FDjossou

They want to let us know that they react quickly: I've just received a response this morning !

Thanks a lot, for your support.

Fernand

@FDjossou  glad you got it sorted. All the best in the new year!

FDjossou

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for your support.

I've just received an answer to my two emails.

Everything seems to be ready to be alright now.

Happy new year to all of you and your relatives.

Fernand

@FDjossou 

I wouldnt necessarily expect a response til monday.

FDjossou

Thanks !

My second e-mail contained all the requested information. And, due to their last paragraph, I was expecting a delivery receipt.

See you soon.

Fernand

FDjossou

Hello,

Thanks. That was the link I used and I was expecting a delivery receipt, attesting that I'm inside the right period.

See you soon.

Fernand

FDjossou

I hope you'll be right:this link was the one I refered to, to complete my request.

Thanks !

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FDjossou 

This is what our virtual assistant SIMon says about how to return your phone.

You are documenting on this thread that you want to return your phone within the 30 days return period.  If your Dec 27 email did not include the detailed information they wanted provided by SIMon, send another email again to provide the info list below.

Update us with your process.  Good luck and happy new year.

image.png

@FDjossou 

Follow @computergeek541 advise on saving emails etc to back up your claim and follow the return policy guidelines youve recieved when you made your purchase. This is new to public mobile and the community so we are learning how it works as well....when in doubt go with the documents. 

@FDjossou 

See this link below. It's all about returning the phone and how to do it. Considering you have 30 days from Purchase they will likely get back to you after the holidays!.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

Return or Exchange (Up to 30 days from the date of purchase if bought online)

If you have a Public Certified Pre-Owned Phone, and are within the 30-day Money Back Guarantee period, you can return your defective phone, free of damage and in its original physical condition, with proof of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Online purchases must be returned or exchanged via mail and can be initiated by sending us an email at device.return@publicmobile.ca  . Be sure to include the following information in your email: Full Name; Email address used to order phone; Shipping Address: Street Number/Name and/or PO Box/RR, Unit / Apt / Buzzer #, City, Province, Postal Code with Space (M4A 1N6); Telephone Number; Device IMEI (15 Digits) - found by dialing * # 06 # on your keypad; Public Mobile Order Number (this can be found in your order confirmation email); Please state whether you are requesting an exchange or refund; Rationale for return or exchange. Once a member of our team has received your request, we’ll email you with further instructions. Please note, if it is a return request and falls under our 30-day Money Back Guarantee return policy, we will be in touch so we can send you a prepaid return label to ship the device back to us. Please allow up to 30 days to receive a full refund back to your original method of payment once a return has been initiated. Note that we will only be able to respond to returns and exchange related requests through device.return@publicmobile.ca. If you have any other questions about Certified Pre-Owned phones, please ask our virtual assistant . Please keep in mind that it’s your responsibility to record and erase all of your info (e.g. texts, images, ringtones, contacts, etc.) from any phone you return to us; any phones that are returned may be used by other customers. Public is not responsible for any personal info left on a phone and cannot guarantee that personal info left on a phone will be erased.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

@FDjossou wrote:

Hello

Thanks for this answer.

The fact is, I wasn't at home when the shipment arrived.

Ans my concern is to receive an answer after the 30 days (I've experienced such a situation with a provider some years ago)

My guess would be that they're backlogged with the number of requests over the holidays. There's still plenty of time remaining, though I do realize that you'd want your refund sooner than later. Be sure to keep any e-mail confirmation/auto response message that you keep, a copy of the outgoing e-mail message and the private messages sent to and received from teh moderators so that there's a clear record of when you asked to return the device.

FDjossou

Thanks for that information: it is important.

Regards,

Fernand

FDjossou

Hello

Thanks for this answer.

The fact is, I wasn't at home when the shipment arrived.

Ans my concern is to receive an answer after the 30 days (I've experienced such a situation with a provider some years ago)

@FDjossou wrote:

Hello,

I ordered an iPhone on Dec., 23.

As it was too late to cancel my order, I wrote to "device.return@publicmobile.ca" on Dec., 27 (Sunday), asking about the procedure.

I received my iPhone two days later but no answer to my mail.

On Dec., 30 (Wednesday), according to my chat with SIMON", I sent a second e-mail with all the informations required. I hoped I'll receive a mail of confirmation. Today (January, 1rst - OK, it is a holiday), I still have no answer. Is that normal?

You could refuse the shipment. Shipping companies understand that customres change their mind or don't want the package for whatever reason. If you refuse the package, tracking will follow the return to the fulfillment centre that Public Mobile is using. Shortly after it is received back by Telus/Public, your credit card should be refunded.

Even if you're unable to refuse the shipment and it does end up getting delivered, you still have the standard return policy that you can take advantage of.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

FYI

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.
Need Help? Let's chat.