cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

Trevor321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed up two phones for public mobile on monday. First phone set up without any issues. 2nd phone says 'no service' in the top left hand corner where the name of the provider shows. This is an iphone 8.

The mods first had me do the usual:Contacted mods and I have done the following on their direction:

1. shut phone off and on, remove SIM card (multiple times)

2. reset the network (multiple times)

2. Contact my old service provider (Bell) to ensure phone unlocked and not blacklisted--they said no to both

Is it possible the SIM card is defective?

Is there anything else to try or should I ask for a refund? Starting to lose my patience.

8 REPLIES 8

@danhobal network registration is not related to APN.

danhobal

If you can check the APN settings on an Iphone, in the mobile network settings, make sure they are correct and current for public mobile.. Ive had a terrible time with APN settings with different phones and whether or not they're 3G, LTE and up, certain phones will completely ignore 3G and cause they're searching for 4G.

You need to escalate with Bell.

stephanieberle2

Try calling or messaging the bell network and see if possibly the phone needs to be sim unlocked with a password from them!  I'm sure that they can offer you a solution and once that is done I don't see there still being an issue with the public mobile sim card.

Trevor321

Did that, bell says it is unlocked. Public Mobile says phone IMEI is reported as lost or stolen. It's not lost or stolen. It worked fine until monday evening when I put the public mobile SIM card in the phone.

@Trevor321 Perhaps the "Bell" phone is locked to Bell. Call them and ask them for the unlock code. They have to provide it for free.

Trevor321

Never thought of that....both SIM cards work in the phone that has service. Neither SIM card works in the phone that has no service. The no service phone worked fine on the Bell network on up until the time I activated the public mobile account.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Trevor321 did you try switching the SIMS between the 2 phones to see if its the SIM or the phone? 

Need Help? Let's chat.