cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service - setting up iphone 7 with Public Mobile for the first time

cbleaney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been trying for two days to set up a new to me, unlocked, iphone 7. The website crashed while I was setting up my account, but the my serve account is working. I ported my number from my old iphone with telus. The old phone no longer has service, so the porting went through. The PM sim card in the new iphone says no service. I have tried my daughter's PM sim card in my phone and it worked. I tried my sim card in her phone, and it still said no service. 

I've been in touch with a moderator, they recommended buying a new sim card (they'd give us a credit) to see if it would work. I have activated the new sim card on My Account, but the phone still says no service. I've cycled it on and off, with and without the sim card. Still nothing. My daughters sim card still works in my phone, my new sim card doesn't work in her phone or mine. 

Please help!! 

6 REPLIES 6

Gigi2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same error on my iphone and brought in to a reapair store. They assured me it was a hardware problem. Perhaps the phone was dropped and this is a common problem. The cellphone does not recognise service nor network.

@Dunkman wrote:

@cbleaney 

You did all the right things. If your SIM card did not work in your daughters phone, it is a PM service issue. Good luck. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Kinda fortunate to have another known-working PM SIM in the house to do the testing with - at least it points you in the right direction, and keeps you from pulling ALL your hair out! 😉  😆 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Please contact moderator again. There likely is a PM system issue.

@cbleaney 

You did all the right things. If your SIM card did not work in your daughters phone, it is a PM service issue. Good luck. 

cbleaney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I'm trying. It's just taking a long time to get through. Was curious if there was something obvious I was missing. Thank you!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cbleaney 

You probably need to contact moderator again. Likely account provision issue and moderator need to fix on their end. 

Need Help? Let's chat.