cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service on iPhone 7

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My phone has been working well for a week now until it suddenly lost service in the middle of the night.

It just appears as "No Service"

I tried restarting the phone, resetting the phone, taking out the sim card, tried it on another phone and I get the same message.

I tried calling the number and I also get a "the number you have dialed is not in service" answer.

Any suggestions? I have contacted @CS_Agent regarding the issue.

29 REPLIES 29

angeliquem

@angeliquem wrote:

My phone has been working well for a week now until it suddenly lost service in the middle of the night.

I tried restarting the phone, resetting the phone, taking out the sim card, tried it on another phone and I get the same message.

I tried calling the number and I also get a "the number you have dialed is not in service" answer.

Any suggestions? I have contacted @CS_Agent regarding the issue.

October 6, 2018

- iPhone 7 lost service (MIDNIGHT)

- contacted @CS_Agent (5AM)

- no response

October 7, 2018

- no service

- no response

October 8, 2018

- no service

- mod said everything on their side said my sim was active, but it still didn't work (1PM)

- mod suggested to get a new sim and change sim card through self-service.

- I got a new sim, changed it through self-service and I still had no service.

- I contacted the mods again

October 9, 2018

- mods said that they filed a ticket to the tech support team

- phone regained service (4PM)

- waiting for refund

Initial Mod Response Time: 48-72 hours

Service Out Time: Almost 4 days

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @bois3130

Glad you figured out what the issue was. It must have been frustrating, but I hope you can appreciate the new service now.

angeliquem

@bois3130 wrote:

Turned out to be a defective SIM. I bought a new one and the Mod Team switched it over, everything working for me now.

Hi!

did you change your sim through self service or you told them the new sim number and they changed it for you? 

I did mine through self-service and nothing is working still. Now they sent a ticket to the technical team!

bois3130
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Turned out to be a defective SIM. I bought a new one and the Mod Team switched it over, everything working for me now.

bois3130

Same boat as you, did some troubleshooting and was sent to get a new SIM card. As other people on here have had trouble with, Walmart wouldn’t sell me one so I’m picking on up tomorrow. 

angeliquem

@bois3130 wrote:

Just talking with them now. I’ll let you know how it gets resolved. 

@bois3130

Just an update,

They got back to me and said they've fixed it, and it still didn't work.

They then suggested that I should get a new sim card, and I got a new sim card, changed it in the self-serve site, and it still doesn't work. I'm still waiting for their response now.

How about you?

angeliquem

@bois3130 wrote:

Ohhh! That’s really great to know. Thanks!

bois3130

angeliquem

@bois3130

Hey! Day 3!

Anything yet? It’s actually my sister’s phone that’s messed up. It’s always worse when someone else is affected, you have to keep explaining that you’re still waiting for help. 

angeliquem

@bois3130 wrote:

Nothing yet unfortunately either. 

Sigh. Perhaps tomorrow? Hopefully!!!

bois3130

Nothing yet unfortunately either. 

angeliquem

@bois3130 wrote:

@angeliquem, have you heard anything from the mods yet? 

Unfortunately not 😞

what about you? 

bois3130

@angeliquem, have you heard anything from the mods yet? 

@bois3130 @angeliquem In the past when service suddenly stops it has been triggered by a system bug. Sadly, as moderator response is now running 1 - 3 days, it would be best to activate some sort of backup plan.

Some ideas here: 100% SERVICE and BE PREPARED.

While you are waiting try:

- rebooting your phone

- go to Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offered install it

- reset Network Settings, though this will require you to resubmit wifi passwords

If something like this happens again be sure the subject of your private message includes something like "SERVICE DOWN though ACCOUNT PAID UP".

Hang in there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bois3130

FWIW I did upgrade to iOS 12 recently but that was maybe a week or 2 ago.

Yes, it does look like similar problems.  Please keep us updated with what the moderators mention...  I wonder if there was a recent IOS update that might have messed the settings up for some reason?

angeliquem

@bois3130 wrote:

I did try it in my wife's phone and it doesn't work (also iPhone 7) but her Koodo SIM works in my phone so it definitely not my phone thats the issue. Not sure what's going on.

Ooo! It appears we have the same problem. I hope to hear back from the mods and also if they get back to you before me, could you let me know what they say? Thanks 🙂

bois3130

I did try it in my wife's phone and it doesn't work (also iPhone 7) but her Koodo SIM works in my phone so it definitely not my phone thats the issue. Not sure what's going on.

angeliquem

@bois3130 wrote:

I have had this happen to me yesterday and am also on iPhone 7. Exact same thing and still withou service. Waiting patiently for the mods.

Weird!!! Did you try the sim on another phone? I don’t think mine is a phone issue because I put a working sim in the iPhone 7 and it worked.

bois3130

I have had this happen to me yesterday and am also on iPhone 7. Exact same thing and still withou service. Waiting patiently for the mods.

tbark

If the SIM card is not working in another phone and your account looks alright, it could be a defective SIM as well. That isn't real common but the fact that it won't work in either and acct looks ok may be an indication of that.

@angeliquem wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Go to "Plans and addons" Does it display your phone number properly?

Yes, my number is showing up.

It sounds like there is something messed up in your account and you will have to wait for a moderator team response. You have already contacted them. If everything displays properly and you try calling the number and get the message "out of service" clearly there is a real problem here and nothing you can do on your end. The mod team will be able to fix you up. Sorry about the wait tho, I know it must feel crappy

Thanks for trying! I was just wondering if there’s a fix on my end but it seems like there’s none.

🙂 Yea if an outside line calls your number, regardless of your local phone status, even if its off or destroyed it should not say the "number is not in service" unless there is a real problem.

angeliquem

@RobertQc wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

It sounds like there is something messed up in your account and you will have to wait for a moderator team response. You have already contacted them. If everything displays properly and you try calling the number and get the message "out of service" clearly there is a real problem here and nothing you can do on your end. The mod team will be able to fix you up. Sorry about the wait tho, I know it must feel crappy

Thanks for trying! I was just wondering if there’s a fix on my end but it seems like there’s none.

@angeliquem wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

angeliquem

@RobertQc wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

Any suggestsions? I have contacted @CS_Agent regarding the issue.

When you log into self serve does it show your account is active? Do you see your plan listed properly?

"For a week" Does this mean you recently ported to public mobile and opened a new account here?

Yeah, I recently switched to PM, and my number was ported successfully and it worked for a week until last night, up to now. 

I also see my account is active and the SIM card’s last 4 digits matches.

pn.png

Jarvar

@angeliquem

It could be a bad connection, but you restarted the phone and took out the SIM card and tried it in another phone and got the same issues. I had some differences when I switched carriers, however I would get a connection again after a little while. The longest time required me to turn on airplane mode and off again and I got reconnected to the network. Although that was just for the data portion at the time, not the whole Public Mobile network (ie. voice calls and text messages).

However if you recently ported you could contact the Moderator team.

Since it looks like soemthing related to your account. Here are the steps to contact the moderator team.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• If you don’t need to share personal or account information, just tag @Moderator_Team to your thread and they’ll show up. Just like that.
  • If you need to share personal or account info, send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.fig2.png

When are Moderators available and how long till I get a response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 7:30 PM Eastern time.

How do I know if a Moderator has looked at my question or responded?

Once a Moderator has opened your support ticket, they’ll send you a private message asking you to authenticate your account information. You will need to provide your account number and PIN to validate your account information. You can find this message by clicking on the envelope icon.

If you have not changed your account settings since creating your Community account, you will automatically receive email notifications when someone has sent you a private message. To modify this, just click on your Community avatar, then on ‘My Settings’, then navigate to the ‘Preferences tab’, then select ‘Private Messenger’ and checkmark the box beside ‘Receive email notifications for new private messages”.fig3.png

Are there any questions that always require a Moderator?

There definitely are, and here are some examples of when to contact Moderators directly:

• There’s an issue with your Public Mobile service that prevents you from using your phone to make calls, a feature is bugged, or if earned Rewards aren’t showing up.
  • You’ve ordered a SIM card online, it’s been more than 7 days, and you haven’t received it yet.
  • You would like to change your Self-Serve email address, or make other Self-Serve account changes that you are unable to do yourself.

To learn more about our Community, click here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

@angeliquem wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

When you log into self serve does it show your account is active? Do you see your plan listed properly?

"For a week" Does this mean you recently ported to public mobile and opened a new account here?

Yeah, I recently switched to PM, and my number was ported successfully and it worked for a week until last night, up to now. 

pn.png

angeliquem

@RobertQc wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@angeliquem wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.