cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service in new phone with activated sim

Elise123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently have had a plan (with public mobile) for the last year and bought a new phone figured I could just pop the SIM card out of my old phone (iPhone 6) to the new phone (iPhone 7) and it would automatically connect to the network. I'm having no such luck 🙈 constant no service coming up on the new phone. Please help 😣

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Elise123 

Restart your iPhone 7 after installed your PM SIM card from your iPhone 6.

If iPhone 7 restart does not fixed your issue, your iPhone 7 may have hardware issue.

Put your PM SIM card back to your iPhone 6.  If PM SIM works again, the problem is at your iPhone 7.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Elise123 Services should start working as soon as you put the sim in the phone unless the phone (iPhone 7) is either blacklisted or locked to another carrier. If it is locked, you will need to contact that carrier to get it unlocked for free of charge. 

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is the phone unlocked?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What happens when you try dio you get any messages?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Elise123 wrote:

Currently have had a plan (with public mobile) for the last year and bought a new phone figured I could just pop the SIM card out of my old phone (iPhone 6) to the new phone (iPhone 7) and it would automatically connect to the network. I'm having no such luck 🙈 constant no service coming up on the new phone. Please help 😣

@Elise123  Where did you buy the new phone from? Is it possible that phone might be blacklisted?

Need Help? Let's chat.