cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service - Text or Calling in Sydney Nova Scotia

itsBob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just discovered there is no service on my phone, calling or texting since sometime between noon and 5pm so far today.

Does anyone know how long this outage will be or its cause?

9 REPLIES 9

@itsBob wrote:

Thanks for the replies folks.

I shut my phone off and restarted it again a few seconds later. It seems to be working now.

I should have tried that first I suppose, but since my phone never acts up, I assumed  it was Network related.

Not sure if thats just a coincidence or if the network was actually down and came back?

Anyway .. A Power Down / Restart is always a good " first line of defence".

@itsBob  Absolutely....next up when having calling and texting issues. Turn airplane mode on. Wait 5 minutes. Turn off. Reconnects phone to network...fixing most connection related issues.

itsBob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the replies folks.

I shut my phone off and restarted it again a few seconds later. It seems to be working now.

I should have tried that first I suppose, but since my phone never acts up, I assumed  it was Network related.

Not sure if thats just a coincidence or if the network was actually down and came back?

Anyway .. A Power Down / Restart is always a good " first line of defence".

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you can log into your self serve account - what is the status ?  You could try adding a manual payment if a $1.

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The most common scenario is have you paid your phone plan? Check by logging into your self serve account. If not, pay it and your phone should be able to text and call shortly after.

Sometimes, I would check whether a tower in your area went down or something due to weather conditions.

Another possible solution is restarting your phone and taking out and putting it back in your sim card.

@itsBob  Try calling 611 for your account status. Do you have mobile data? Can you connect to WiFi? If so log in and check your account status. Are you on the $10 plan? You could be out of calling minutes and outgoing texts.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@itsBob  There are no current outages being reported in Sydney for telus and bell is showing one reported individual problem but no company issued reports of system outages.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@itsBob wrote:

Hello,

I just discovered there is no service on my phone, calling or texting since sometime between noon and 5pm so far today.

Was today your payment date and for some reason the payment didn't go through? 

Also try rebooting your phone/or powering off the phone, remove the SIM, wait 5 mins and re-insert SIM and restart phone.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@itsBob wrote:

Hello,

@itsBob Did you try restarting your phone?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@itsBob was it time for your payment cycle? Could you please check to see if you credit card was charged? Thanks.

@itsBob wrote:

Hello,

Need Help? Let's chat.