cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service (Searching...) on iPhone 6

rlam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since yesterday at around 4:30pm I have had no service on my iPhone 6 with Public Mobile. Phone just says "Searching..." According to self-serve everything should be good with my account. Have tried all steps on Apple's Knowledgbase page (https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201415). Still nothing. Phone wasn't dropped or left near water or anything when it stopped working - just suddenly no service.

Edit: should also mention that we tried the SIM card in my husbands phone and it got service fine, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the SIM card.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KC97 wrote:

I've got the same issue.  Not sure if it's the phone, SIM or problem with PM account (which is paid up)

Try the SIM in another phone to isolate if it's your phone or the service.

KC97

I've got the same issue.  Not sure if it's the phone, SIM or problem with PM account (which is paid up)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kristensnow wrote:

My phone is doing this now too! Sim works in other phones but not mine. Help

@Kristensnow we've seen a few people in the community with iPhone 6/6S have antenna hardware issues.  They seem to be prone to becoming physically disconnected from the motherboard.  You may want to visit an Apple store and ask them to run some diagnostics.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kristensnow wrote:

Seems just waiting around worked for the original poster of this thread.

Kristensnow

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes temporary service interuption or phone connectivity issue.  

rlam

Thanks for the reply. Have definitely toggled airplane mode and celular data options several times to no effect.

Edit: Not sure why but it's working now. Solved for now I guess.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Double check airplane mode is NOT turned on.  I notice that was missing from the Apple support page.

Need Help? Let's chat.