cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service - Iphone 8 Plus

meganandalex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Everyone! 

Bought a second hand phone (I know, I should have looked at it more but I didn't so please just help), and when I went to put in my sim card it recognizes it as Public Mobile but says "No service". Everything else on the phone works its just this one thing - any solutions? 

Thank you for all your help! 

10 REPLIES 10

@meganandalex 

Hopefully that works out for you. Even checking a second hand phone against the blacklist doesn't guarantee it won't be blacklisted at a later date. If you live in Vancouver check your private messages for some advice.Otherwise be very cautious when buying from such places as Craigslist or kijiji and be sure to buy from their home and get additional id to ensure they are a legitimate seller.

meganandalex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! We found out the imei was blacklisted and we are in the process of trying to get our money back...lessons learned!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@meganandalex wrote:

Hey Everyone! 

Bought a second hand phone (I know, I should have looked at it more but I didn't so please just help), and when I went to put in my sim card it recognizes it as Public Mobile but says "No service". Everything else on the phone works its just this one thing - any solutions? 

@meganandalex It's possible that your account was not provisioned properly. Submit s ticket to PM and ask them to check your account. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is it carrier locked?

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One of my iphones I activated I needed to power it off for a minute and power it back on. Did you port your old number over? maybe the port is not fully complete.

@meganandalex 

@Any chance it's locked to another carrier or blacklisted?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@meganandalex Have you activated a SIM/account yet? That is the message when an unactivared SIM is installed in an unlocked phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm not an Apple person but maybe check if airplane mode is on or if mobile service is turned off. Androids have dual Sims but not sure if your phone has that. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@meganandalex Please try this fix here https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201415

@meganandalex wrote:

Hey Everyone! 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@meganandalex Try installing the latest carrier update from settings. 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201270

Need Help? Let's chat.