cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM notification

SayB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone - I got my sim activated a week back and suddenly today it is showing No SIM notification and my service is gone with no network. Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SayB wrote:

Hi Everyone - I got my sim activated a week back and suddenly today it is showing No SIM notification and my service is gone with no network. Please help.

HI @SayB ,

Maybe the SIM wiggled out of place, remove and replace it. 

Reboot

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  1. Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier. 
  2. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS.
  3. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
  5. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.
  6. Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your carrier's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You might need to replace your SIM card.

@SayB  try runn8ng it through iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

If this fails try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

APPLE iPhone 7 Plus.

1. Firstly, make sure that your APPLE iPhone 7 Plus is turned on.
    Then open Settings and choose General section.

In the next step find and select Reset.
    Afterwards choose Reset Network Settings.
    In order to confirm the whole operation choose Reset Network Settings one more time.
    Excellent! Now to the iPhone is restoring the network settings to the factory state.

Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

SayB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Iphone 7 Plus

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try removing and reinstall the sim. If you have another phone the try swapping the sim.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@SayB  are you on emergency calls only? And what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SayB wrote:

Is this a used phone? Or have you mostly always had it?

What make/model/submodel is it?

Edit: totaluser has made a couple edits 🙂

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Please check your status in overview page

Can you please check in a different phone?

Are you original owner of the phone, could it be reported stolen?

Need Help? Let's chat.