cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM message

HelenHoney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i just registered/activated and went to settings to set the data info and Cellular shows No SIM! Now what do I do?

22 REPLIES 22

@RobB1 wrote:

Tried it: didn't work.

Hi @RobB1 what did you try that didn't work.  I suggest that you open your own thread and ask your question here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/bd-p/getting_started

so your problem do not get overlooked.  Good luck!

Pigma

blank (error post)

RobB1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried it: didn't work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HelenHoney ,

While waiting for the moderators, if you submitted a ticket as mentioned by @geopublic , perhaps this is a provisioning issue, you could try a Network Reset.

How to reset network settings on your iPhone 8 Plus
  1. Tap Settings to open the app.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Tap Reset.
  4. Select the option to Reset Network Settings.
  5. If prompted, enter the device password.
  6. Confirm action.

After the reset, the connection status of your device will set to default or similar to when your iPhone was being powered on for the first time. Airplane mode is set to OFF, Bluetooth is turned ON, Data roaming is OFF, as well as Mobile Hotspot and VPN. Wi-Fi and Mobile data are set to ON

@HelenHoney wrote:

Text works, yes got phone from someone else, changed SIM card and it was faulty. So now works but there's no where for me to enter MMSC address

Hello @HelenHoney ,

IPHONE

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:

1) Tap:

• Settings
  • Cellular
  • Cellular Data Network

2) Input this info:

@HelenHoney wrote:

I have been unsuccessful in submitting a ticket. The text is working fine but the phone number has not transferred yet. Can you help me submit a ticket so that the phone transfer happens seamlessly please. 

Hi @HelenHoney 

• Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply.

OR...

Go here for Online Activation Assistance https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Hours of Operation: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST / 11:00AM - 8:00PM EST

@HelenHoney wrote:

I have been unsuccessful in submitting a ticket. The text is working fine but the phone number has not transferred yet. Can you help me submit a ticket so that the phone transfer happens seamlessly please. 

Please proceed to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Then type in "port request".

HelenHoney

HelenHoney

Text works, yes got phone from someone else, changed SIM card and it was faulty. So now works but there's no where for me to enter MMSC address

@HelenHoney  Best to submit a ticket and ask them to reset your account as it might not have provisioned properly.

@HelenHoney   Did (can) you double-check that the number on the SIM card matches the number you entered on your account when activating?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HelenHoney wrote:

Update completed, no fix

SIM card in other I-phone and also didn't work 

think SIM card is faulty 

@HelenHoney hello does anything work ?talk text? did you get the phone from someone else?

HelenHoney

Update completed, no fix

SIM card in other I-phone and also didn't work 

think SIM card is faulty 

@HelenHoney wrote:

I have another SIM card but already registered this one. Do you know if I can change?

If you change your SIM charge number on your SELF SERVE Account that will make the first one 'dead in the water'.

Of course, it may be a faulty SIM, but let's see if all the trouble shooting works before we jump to that conclusion.

Can you try that SIM in another phone, to test if it works. Insert in a compatible PM phone, reboot, and report back.

HelenHoney

Trying now 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HelenHoney wrote:

Tried it all still doesn't acknowledge card. Phone is I-phone 8 and unlocked and unstolen

Can you connect it with the PM SIM in to USB to iTunes on a computer on the internet and see if any updates come across?

@HelenHoney wrote:

Tried it all still doesn't acknowledge card. Phone is I-phone 8 and unlocked and unstolen

@HelenHoney try to update your phone with latest updates see if that works 

@HelenHoney  check that you have the latest iOS version.

If you do not, update.

Then reboot.

HelenHoney

I have another SIM card but already registered this one. Do you know if I can change?

HelenHoney

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@HelenHoney wrote:

i just registered/activated and went to settings to set the data info and Cellular shows No SIM! Now what do I do?

@HelenHoney hello do your services work? what type of phone do you have?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @HelenHoney ,

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Welcome! 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.