cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM detected..

Khawrys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Smashed my phone yesterday, ugh. Bought a used phone this morning, locked to Telus. Inserted my SIM card and it says “no sim detected”. Tried out a friends telus SIM card and it works no problem. Also tried my public SIM card in a different phone and it says “no sim”.   I’m thinking maybe my SIM card is damaged- any thoughts? 

9 REPLIES 9

pt375

I had a similar issue. But the phone keeps cycling between "no sim" and "Telus". It worked with other SIMs. So I did a firmware upgrade and problem went away. It was a ASUS Zenfone 4.

Greg1275
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dosnt matter weather a phone is locked to Telus or Koodo, public mobile SIM cards will work on devices locked to those 2 networks, any other network lock on a device won’t be compatible 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@missorange wrote:

The used phone should be unlocked, not locked to Telus. Did you try your sim to an unlocked phone?

This is incorrect (at least most of the time) . And is not relevant to the discussion.  A locked phone reading the sim will ask for an unlock code if required. 

I said most of the time because my dad's old flip phone locked to telus required an unlock code for public. 

Khawrys

That’s what I’m thinking, I’ll try and clean it 

Greg1275

It dosnt. Should work with any Telus or Koodo phone 

Khawrys

I didn’t think Telus needed to unlock to work with public

Greg1275

Try cleaning the contacts on the SIM card itself, also take a q-tip and try and clean the sim trey. If that doesn’t work then ur SIM card is hooped.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Khawrys wrote:

Smashed my phone yesterday, ugh. Bought a used phone this morning, locked to Telus. Inserted my SIM card and it says “no sim detected”. Tried out a friends telus SIM card and it works no problem. Also tried my public SIM card in a different phone and it says “no sim”.   I’m thinking maybe my SIM card is damaged- any thoughts? 

SIM card could be damaged. You could buy a new one or you could get a replacement.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

sim card should not be easy to damage, but it seems to be damaged.

Need Help? Let's chat.