cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM/SIM Failure

BoyRacer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently my phone started registering as No SIM randomly meaning I received no texts or phone calls. I would just turn it off and turn it back on and it would be fine. However this was happening about once a month and is now accelerating to a few times a week which has become a problem. Is my SIM faulty or is there another issue? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

@BoyRacer wrote:

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestion which resolved my issue untill this morning. I've gone from No SIM to No SIM to Invalid SIM all morning following numerous restarts. Help!

@BoyRacer  As mentioned test your SIM in another device and if it works then it's time for a new phone.Smiley Sad

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BoyRacer 

What phone are you using right now, which brand and model?

Can you test your sim card in another phone?

BoyRacer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestion which resolved my issue untill this morning. I've gone from No SIM to No SIM to Invalid SIM all morning following numerous restarts. Help!

@geopublic wrote:

@BoyRacer  That problem could be caused but a number of issues:

loose sim card

Sim card contacts need cleaning

SIM tray problem

Soldering issues on motherboard (LG phones)

I agree with the possibility of hardware problem.  SIM cards are pretty rugged.  My current SIM card is more than 3 years old and have been inserted into dozens of different phones.  There's some screech marks on the SIM card but it has never shown signs of failure.  Also SIM cards are unlikely to fail intermittently out of the blue.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BoyRacer  That problem could be caused but a number of issues:

loose sim card

Sim card contacts need cleaning

SIM tray problem

Soldering issues on motherboard (LG phones)

This one is from retired Oracle @stonechucker 

"Sounds silly, but try using a pencil eraser to "rub off" any potential debris."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/No-SIM/m-p/373910#M28351

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try removing your sim and then put it back in.  Also reboot your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like there may be a contact problem with the phone. Have you tried putting your SIM into another phone? This should tell you if it's the SIM or the phone. If it's the SIM @BoyRacer before you run out and replace the SIM. Contact the moderators and ask the to reset it. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket) . Or contact them directly using this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@BoyRacer wrote:

Recently my phone started registering as No SIM randomly meaning I received no texts or phone calls. I would just turn it off and turn it back on and it would be fine. However this was happening about once a month and is now accelerating to a few times a week which has become a problem. Is my SIM faulty or is there another issue? Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.