cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network Connection on a new phone

april26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a dual sim phone - a Samsung A2 core.  On my old Alcatel phone the network connection works. On the new phone it says "No network Connection". I've restarted it. The phone has software to manage a dual sim, and there is currently only 1 sim in the phone.

The sim is facing the right way - there is no alternative way. I've pressed the card firmly into the frame that holds it. The sim shows the public mobile phone number correctly. Mobile data is active (and appears available although I haven't tested it), but the calls or text messages connections are greyed out.

I only returned to Canada today, so I haven't used the phone on it's new plan which is the $25 one

• This plan includes: -
  • - 500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
10 REPLIES 10

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You might find some coverage but it's pretty limited when there's only one band it can connect to. The aren't any Canadian carriers that will have more than B5/7 support for that phone. Not just a PM issue.

april26

Mine is SM-A260F. Perhaps it might get coverage elsewhere, but in my home location there is none. 😞

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There are two versions of the A2 Core:

The Global (A260FD) version only has B5 at 3G and B7 for 4G compatibilty with PM. That should get you coverage but probably quite spotty at best. The regional (A260G) version has no compatibility on any band and simply won't work at all. Have a look at which model you have.

@april26 wrote:

I can't find an A2 Core, but I can see just Samsung Core. It has crosses under all three - 2G, 3G and 4G LTE.  What is Public Mobile if it is none of these?

@april26  You phone has very limited connectivity it only has the 3G B5 (850) band snf none of the 4G bands.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Public Mobile uses frequency bands on HSPA and 4G LTE and LTE Advanced networks.
HSPA:
850 MHz
1900 MHz (UMTS)
4G LTE and LTE Advanced:
700 MHz
850 MHz
1900 MHz
2100 MHz downlink
1700 MHz uplink (AWS)

april26

I can't find an A2 Core, but I can see just Samsung Core. It has crosses under all three - 2G, 3G and 4G LTE.  What is Public Mobile if it is none of these?

mimmo

the phone might not be compatible.  if the sim works in one phone but not this one.

Did you check the compatability in willmyphonework.net  ?

@Jb456  APN setting are only needed for setting up data and mms . 

Check APN settings on the phone..

They should be as followed.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Then restart phone

april26

Yes, I tried it in each of the slots. The card is showing - I can rename it, and I can see the number is correct on either sim.

mimmo

did you try both sim slots?

Need Help? Let's chat.