cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE in iPhone 6

vic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just switched to Public Mobile from Freedom. I have an unlocked iPhone 6, but cannot seem to get LTE. I just shows 3G but when I open Safari it can't load anything.

In Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network, only the APN field is populated with isp.mb.com. Should it be that way or does it needs to be changed?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had the same issue after I tried a roaming sim. It had installed some profile that were necessary to enable roaming data. Then when I put back my PM sim it showed 3G and no internet connection. So I went to settings and deleted the profile. Everything is fine now.

check this link for detail

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205347

@vic The lack of a data add-on indicates the system thinks you have used up the data allowance. So something is definitely amiss with your account.  ONLY a moderator can repair it, so, if not already done, send them a message.

I am sure they can sort this out for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Audit13

The model number MG4F2LL/A definitely indicates that it is an unlocked iPhone 6.

On the back of the phone, it should have another model number beginning with a1xxx.

In which geographical areas are you using the phone? 

I agree that a full reset should not be required. 

At this point, you may want to take it to an apple store for diagnosis.

vic

I tried again to send an MMS with the Wi-Fi closed. It seems to be sent, but it can't be downloaded at the other mobile phone.

The only APN I can change is for Personal Hotspot and I already tried to change it to sp.mb.com. The same thing happened.

LTE toggle is on.

There is no carrier update available.

I don't have data add-ons but the plan has data.

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1.5GB at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days
  • - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

@vic Sorry, I just noticed "I tried the SIM on a OnePlus One and I couldn't connect to the internet." As you say also MMS works, I have some doubts about your account provisioning.

Please login to your account. Confirm the plan listed is correct and that a data add-on is showing under My Add-ons. If it is missing, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation.

If everything is fine with your account, try turning LTE OFF to force all data through the 3G network. If 3G fails, send a message to the moderators. Your account seems to need a reset.

You may find the variant of iPhone you have only connects on some of PM's LTE frequencies and LTE will be hit & miss.

Gone for tonight (the moderators & I). Good luck.

Couple of ideas:

- was wifi OFF when you sent an MMS? If, so your APN settings are already correct.

- change the APN to sp.mb.com

- is LTE toggled ON

- go to Settings >> General >> About if a carrier update is offered install it

vic

The  model is MG4F2LL/A. I don't have another LTE carrier to try. I didn't do a full reset. It shouldn'h have anything to do with a sim change. SMS and MMS are fine.

Audit13

Which model is your iPhone? It will be found under settings, general, about. 

Are you able to try another carrier lte sim in the iPhone? 

Did you perform a full reset whereby you would have to go through the set up process again?

How is calling, SMS and MMS on the phone?

vic

I tried the SIM on a OnePlus One and I couldn't connect to the internet. Also it showed that it connected to TELUS and not Public Mobile. I also reset the network settings of the iPhone and yet everything is the same.

Audit13

Have you tried the sim in another phone to see if it connects on lte.

All I can suggest is backing up the phone with iTunes perform a reset and erase all data, restore from iTunes, and see what happens. 

I have an iPhone 6s and my sister has a Rogers iPhone 6 and we both get lte on iOS 11.

vic

I only get 3G but even then I don’t get a connection. I was on Freedom before and because they don’t support LTE on iPhone I was on 3G. 

I bought the unlocked phone from the US Apple store. 

Audit13

You only get 3g at all times? Have you obtained lte connections with other Canadian carriers?

Was the iPhone from a Canadian carrier or the apple store?

vic

I’ve done that already and did it again. Unfortunately nothing changed. 

Audit13

Try going into settings and resetting the network settings, then go into cellular options to ensure lte is enabled.

vic

I think these instructions are old, but I'm not sure. I can only type the settings for Personal Hotspot and not for the other ones.

When I try to load a web page on Safari, it says "Could not activate mobile data network. You are not subscribed to a mobile data service."

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Instructios for setting up your apn setting scan be found here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Setting-Up-Data-APN-On-Your-Ph...

if that doesnt work then one of teh iphone people might be able to help out more

Need Help? Let's chat.