cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data on iPhone 6 iOS 10

rptavakol
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new public mobile customer (signed up on monday) and am unable to get mobile data working on my unlocked (through telus) iPhone 6.

The problem is that there are no APN settings, besides the one for "Personal Hotspot" that I can change/edit. I've searched the community extensively and have found no solution to this.

I am aware of the instructions here http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#...

but I simply do not have the "Cellular Data Setting" on my iphone. Can anyone help me?

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ejscheuer wrote:

I have a iPhone 6s+ and ported from Zoomer Wireless to Public on Tuesday. I have data but cannot receive calls and text messages. I have tried to adjust the APN. Under  Cellular Data Options > Cellular Data Network I do not see any APN settings except for the ones for "Personal Hotspot". 

Help! @CS_Agent

@ejscheuer APN has nothing at all to do with your incoming texts or phone calls.  The symptoms you describe are of an incomplete or failed port.  Please see the info below to contact the moderator team for help with your failed port:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ejscheuer

I have a iPhone 6s+ and ported from Zoomer Wireless to Public on Tuesday. I have data but cannot receive calls and text messages. I have tried to adjust the APN. Under  Cellular Data Options > Cellular Data Network I do not see any APN settings except for the ones for "Personal Hotspot". 

Help! @CS_Agent

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yeah, data should be working immediately after activation.

Anyway, Glad your issue resolved!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rptavakol that's.....extremely odd.  Data has absolutely nothign to do with porting.  Perhaps your activation itself was hung and a community moderator or other Public Mobile support employee resolved it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

rptavakol

Update: the issue is fixed now, I have data and can receive calls. It looks like the port just took a couple days to finish properly. The lesson here is that even if you get an SMS right away from Public Mobile saying your number has been sucessfully ported, it may actually take a couple days for everything to work.

O ok then its a porting issue if you can't receive calls
Send a msg to mod they will fix it up for you manually
Contact mod dept they will help you with the process
In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
old account name exatly as on bill
old account number
old phone number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link then webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your reason with account and email address
Thanks
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

rptavakol

The problem is under Cellular Data Options > Cellular Data Network I do not see any APN settings except for the ones for "Personal Hotspot". I tried everything and suspect it may be due to a failed port - I ported from 7eleven's speak out wireless. Do you know anything about failed ports? Or is there a mod I can contact about that specifically? Thanks

rptavakol

Thanks for your reply. I did all those 3 things already, and even tried an APN installer but the issues still persist.

I read somewhere on here that this may be a failed port issue, because even though I can make calls, I cannot receive call or use data. Do you know anything about that?

I ported from 7eleven's speak out wireless.

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @rptavakol, welcome to Public Mobile!

Usually you just need to pop your sim in your iPhone and you are good to go!

Your iPhone should install Carrier Profile update automatically, you don't need to do anything. 

But sometime your phone setting is preventing you from connecting the internet.

Here are some simple troubleshooting.

1) Make sure you delete all profile you installed (especially if you come from Freedom/Wind). You can do so at Settings > General > Profiles. (If you don't see it you are good to go)

2) Check Settings > General > About > Carrier, make sure you are on "Public Mobile 28.0".

If not, update your iOS verison, or use online APN profile installer. 

3) Check Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data is on. 

Hope it helps! If you still have question, just ask the community here!

Lewis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am on iP6 and IOS 10 unlocked through Rogers and I can use Pm no problem.

Please make sure

1. when you go to settings -> cellular, you enabled Cellular Data

2. make sure you do not accidentally have airplane mode on

There's no apn setting on iOS 10 only have 1 option for hotspot as you mentioned already
What you can do take sim off reset network setting turn off phone insert sim and restart its usually set all network setting automatically
Try this hopefully will help you
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Under celluar data

go to cellular data options,

and then cellular data network!

When i signed up, my APN settings updated automatically ( I ported from koodo)IMG_0240.PNGIMG_0241.PNG

Need Help? Let's chat.