cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data connection - EXCLAMATION sign

mtolstikov
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have not be able to use the data since yesterday. The Exclamation sign is showing. I have not used all the data plus I got 1GB promotion option. Please advise what is the issue. Thank you so much, MT

21 REPLIES 21

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@computergeek541 did you have to reboot for data to start? Or did it just happen while your phone is on?

No, I didn't have to do anything.  It just started working again.  Then again, I had Wi-Fi when it cellular data started working again,  so when I turned off Wi-Fi to check, that probably triggered a new data connection attempt.

What I can report is this:

On a Samsung device, it the data icon would just keep rapidly flashing on and off.  On a Motorola device (same sim card), it would show an exclamation mark meaning that the phone knew that doesn't wasn't go to work.  Clearly, this was an account or network issue, and it was obvious the network was refusing the connection.

Phone calls and texts would work, but only if I locked on to the 3g"/HSPA network.

If I tried to connect to the LTE network, nothing would work.  It would keep connecting and disconnecting from the network entirely, and also would not switch over to HSPA for phone calls either.  I kept seeibg mesaages such as no service, no network connection, and emergency calls only. At one point, it would say unregistered sim or sim card not allowed (the first type of message being the type you would get after the service is cancelled or if using an inactive sim card, and the second message type meaning the same on Samsung Android devices).

@computergeek541 did you have to reboot for data to start? Or did it just happen while your phone is on?

@mtolstikov wrote:

Hello, I have not be able to use the data since yesterday. The Exclamation sign is showing. I have not used all the data plus I got 1GB promotion option. Please advise what is the issue. Thank you so much, MT

I had this exact same problem today.  Data just would not work.  Restarting the phone, turning data off and the back on, and switching back and forth between 3g and LTE networks would be basics things to try.  At least for me, this was a Public Mobile network or backend issue.  Trying my sim in another device didn't work either. Roughly 2 hours later, my data started working again, seemingly all by itself.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mtolstikov has it been a while since you last rebooted (or powered off and then back on) the phone?  If so, please give that a shot.  Often the simplest things end up being the solution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kunhee19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

has other services been working? Ex. Outgoing incoming calls/text.

If so it is possible your phone may not be compatible with the provider. I had this issue when I was in Korea. I was only able to get data but I was not able to make calls/texts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mh1983 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Also have you signed into your self serve account just to make sure you have not used all the data?

"I have not used all the data plus I got 1GB promotion option."

To be fair...the OP could have been getting that from his phone rather than the counter.

@mtolstikov wrote:

Motorolla 3G

I've set APN to defaults

Not change to SIM Card

Just stopped the data

@mtolstikov  "Just stopped data" means that you turned off data on your device? If yes, turn it back on.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Also have you signed into your self serve account just to make sure you have not used all the data?

"I have not used all the data plus I got 1GB promotion option."

In the interim while waiting for Moderators to look into it..do you happen to have another phone lying around to test if data works on it?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If you've done everything here, which I believe you have. 

https://thecellguide.com/how-to-fix-no-mobile-data-or-internet-on-moto-g-18 (oops forgot this)

You should consider creating a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Simon2.png

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team

mtolstikov

Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
12GB Data
4518.298  /  12288 MB
1GB Promo
0  /  1024 MB

You might have to ask moderators to look into it for you. Make a ticket via SImon chat bot.

Simon.JPG

mtolstikov

I got the same settings

mtolstikov

Is your account showing as active? - yes

Can you call in/out, text in/out? -yes

Has anything changed? -not

Did it just renew? -no, been on a plan for alsmot 2.5 yrs

Do you have a data block set in your phone to stop data at a certain point? (not needed here anyway) - No

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I have a moto G3. These are mine:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F 

mtolstikov

Motorolla 3G

I've set APN to defaults

Not change to SIM Card

Just stopped the data

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtolstikov wrote:

Is your account showing as active?

Can you call in/out, text in/out?

Has anything changed?

Did it just renew?

Do you have a data block set in your phone to stop data at a certain point? (not needed here anyway)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log into My Account to see how much data has been consumed during this period in your plan. If you see no data info, that means it's been used up.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Check APN settings on the phone..

They should be as followed.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What kind of phone do you have? Have you tried reseating your SIM card? Checking APN settings? 

Need Help? Let's chat.