Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New

Maxlemax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone!

I'm about to jump in and have a few questions

1- My phone is Xiaomi Redmi note 7. Are sims csims comptible?

2- Does 3G data allows smooth video stream?

3- Can I change plan whenever I want

4- Can I cancel anytime?

5- I hear PM's coverage is good in cities and poor on country side? Is that true?

6- Are there any conditions on the email btw May 5-7, activate before 22nd deal?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Maxlemax ....Keep on checking your email, maybe in the spam folder. They may be busy and wont immedialey reply to your request. You have until May 22 to activte the sim with the email address you requested the code with. If some one refers you you get another $10. and the other person gets $1 off per month as long as your PM customer.

@Maxlemax wrote:

Thanks a lot

Is it normal I did not receive an email confirming my email submission for the flash sale?

Yes, just make sure you activate with the same email that you used to sign-up for the flash sale.

Maxlemax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks a lot

Is it normal I did not receive an email confirming my email submission for the flash sale?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Maxlemax answer to questions 1 to 7 yeah you’re good to go have a great day!!

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Maxlemax 

1. google Telus Compatability and if your phone is compatible with Telus which I believe is you'll be fine.

2. This isn't technically 3G its 4Gltw throttled to 3G speeds. Video streaming works great.

3. yea you can change whenever you want but note that if you change the mid month you would not get any refund on what you don't use. It's best to change on renewal. When you go to change plan there is an option change upon renewal.

4. Cancel by porting your number out or allowing your account to be suspended. No cancellation fees except what you already paid into your plan and what funds are in your account. Youll need to use them up before you finish.

5. This is not true. Their coverage is good wherever Telus coverage us good. You can find a coverage map on the getting started page. Overall they have really good coverage.

6. No conditions must be a new customer or use a new email and open a new account. Make sure tonput the email in between may 5 to 7 and activate before the 22nd.

Hope this was helpful typing on my phone so many probably already answered. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

1 yes

2 yes no problem with playing video

3 yes, you a loose what you paid for if you chose to change it instantly, but you have option to postdate change to your renewal day (even if they are cancelling the plan that you want to move to you will be guaranteed to get that plan if you postdate the switch)

4. Yes you can cancel, you don't get the money back for unused portion of your plan, don't keep too much money on your account on that case as it takes long time if you can get it back. Rewards and gifts are not cashable. You just remove your payment info and after 90 days suspention your account is terminated. Or you can port out and have it cancelled instantly

5. The coverage is same as bell/Telus those are the same towers they use. My existence great outside City, better than Rogers

6. You can use only over email per account/phone number, if you are planning to open more than one account enter all the emails you may be using. You can use aliases, name@gmail and name+mom@gmail are really one Gmail inbox but technically you can open two different accounts better

Welcome to public mobile

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Maxlemax wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm about to jump in and have a few questions

1- My phone is Xiaomi Redmi note 7. Are sims csims comptible?

@Maxlemax  As long as it has 3G: B2 and B5 and LTE/4G: B4 and B7 you will not have any issues.

2- Does 3G data allows smooth video stream? Yes, it's actually LTE throttled to 3Mbps speeds.

3- Can I change plan whenever I want? Yes, you can do this using your online selfserve account available once you activate your card.

4- Can I cancel anytime? Yes with no strings attached. 🙂

5- I hear PM's coverage is good in cities and poor on country side? Is that true? PM uses both Telus and Bell towers so coverage is pretty good. The only problem might be with calling because PM uses strictly 3G for calling if 3G is not available it might be an issue.

6- Are there any conditions on the email btw May 5-7, activate before 22nd deal? The email you use to signup must be the same email you use when activating your sim.

Thank you

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Maxlemax Hello! 1) Yes, it will work with PM. Make sure phone is unlocked. 2) Video streams with high resolution may have issues. Speed is limited to 3mbs. 3) Yes. 4) Remove CC from Autopaymet and account will be closed automatically after 90 days. 5) One of the largest coverage I have seen. Never had problems anywhere city or outside. 6) No, just do what the promo says (like plan 25$ or higher) before it is expired. Happy to see you with us here!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to activate a $25 or higher plan for the promo.  Here is a link for coverage.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage

If you are streaming 4k video there maybe buffering.

You can save $2 every 30  you days if you setup autopay with a credit card or Visa debit.  Remove your credit card and after 90 days your account gets deacitvated. Also if you get a referral code then you can save $10.

Make sure your phone is unlocked.  Check compatibility at willmyphonework.net

Need Help? Let's chat.