cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim /phone

Mike-m
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I Purchased a new phone and sim card (again). I added the new sim and removed the old... the phone shows "no sim", reboot same error.

any help?

14 REPLIES 14

Mike-m

it does not ask for unlock code.

it is account specfic, because we tried a new public sim card thats not registered to my account and it showsup in the ZTE phone.

Mike-m

I tried the new activated SIM card in another carrier unlocked phone and it shows "no sim" yet again. I wanted to try his sim in my phone to verify that its not the sim reader as well, but i didnt want to unsnap his sim adapter.

So i will exchange the sim and try again.

Stay Tuned!

@Mike-m wrote:

I purchased the phone from london drugs, and yes all new phones have to be carrier unlocked in canada as of dec 2018. and yes sim is activated.

Yes, however, it only means that they must give you the unlock key for free. There are brands that lock ( some of?) their devices to the first SIM inserted. Samsung is the biggest one, I don't know if ZTE does it as well.

If you used another carrier's SIM in this phone initially, there is a chance that it is locked to that carrier. You'll have to get the unlock code from them.

Mike-m

HUH?

who said the phone was used for PM?

to be clear, no the phone was not used for private message.

Mike-m

I purchased the phone from london drugs, and yes all new phones have to be carrier unlocked in canada as of dec 2018. and yes sim is activated.

Mike-m

Negative- I guess i could just exchange it??

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mike-m do you have another sim you could try to rule out a faulty sim card reader?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mike-m, I assume that it is this phone you are referring to.  It should work with Public Mobile on 3G only.  There does not appear to be 4G capability on the phone.  If the SIM is not being detected, you may need to try reseating it a couple of times.  It could be a faulty SIM reader.  If the SIM is detected and there is no network connection, you need to check the self serve account to make sure it is active.  If it is not active or has any problems, then you need to contact the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/chatr-zte-z557-black-prepaid/13456469

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Specifications

Form FactorBar with touchscreen
ColourBlack
Memory32 GB; 1 GB RAM
External MemoryUp to 32 GB (microSD)
NetworkUMTS 850/1900/2 100; GSM 850/900/1800/1900
Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 (Oreo)
Processor1.1 GHz quad-core
SIM CardMicro

yanzhiqiang

Here at Public Mobile, you bring your own phone and activate it using a Public Mobile SIM card. While we don’t sell phones, there are a number of ways you can get a phone that suits your needs. You just need to make sure that your phone is unlocked and compatible with our Canada-wide 4G LTE network. 

Your phone should work on our network, if your phone specifications match the following bands:

•  For 3G use (UMTS/HSPA): 850MHz/1900MHz bands
  •  For 4G/LTE use: 1700MHz/2100MHz bands
  •  For 4G/LTE use: 700 MHz band

@Mike-mSince Bell sells the phone, just make sure it is unlocked it will work with Public Mobile. Make sure you have activated the new SIM card.

yanzhiqiang

I couldnt find this phone on the PM list, are you sure this phone work for PM?

Mike-m

phone:ZTE Z557

yanzhiqiang

what phone did you buy?

Need Help? Let's chat.