Did you mean: 

New phone

robinbanks44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can makecalls butnot text on it I can receive them but they won't send out

23 REPLIES 23

Fergusson

I would echo that comment. Getting phone calls but no data is most likely your APN Settings. That was our problem initially and once I set them up properly we had data access right away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robinbanks44 wrote:

It gives me an option komodo or televise dose of matter what one I use 

The only dragons on tv are those ones on CBC 🙂

You had previously posted that your data works. The APN would have nothing to do with texting. Unless you're actually talking about picture texting (MMS).Can you browse to any internet sites?

robinbanks44

It gives me an option komodo or televise dose of matter what one I use 

@robinbanks44 wrote:

It is an Asus phone 3 I beliv and yes I did a factory reset but it is not brand new bought of on of them sites p

@robinbanks44  Is it an Asus Zenfone 3? If it's running Android 8.1 you might not be able to add the correct apn settings and that's why data is not working. The fix is to use a sim from Freedom, Fizz or Roam com and add the correct APN.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@robinbanks44 see this previous thread about a similar problem...click link below

Re: Can't send SMS texts but can receive SMS, Calling and Data is working fine

@vernonli writes 

"Hey everyone! 

I figured out the problem. I had to input the SMSC number for Public Mobile. My phone's "Message Center" option where you're supposed to put the SMSC number was greyed out. I ended up using my brothers Samsung Galaxy S6 and luckily on his phone, it wasn't greyed out. I inputed the Public Mobile SMSC number and when i transfered my sim back to my Samsung Galaxy S7, the SMSC number transfered with it."

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The phone is compatible with Public Mobile (not completely with LTE, but that's not your issue).

robinbanks44

It is an Asus phone 3 I beliv and yes I did a factory reset but it is not brand new bought of on of them sites p

robinbanks44

What should my son be how can I tell if it's compatible it is a Asus phone 3 I can make calls and receive text messages I just can't send them what is a port

TheOldVR

Main questions have been asked...

What there a port involved?

Did you try a network or full settings reset?

Have you checked your APN settings?

And of course.. you are sure that your phone is compatible?

Good luck and happy Sunday!

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's hard to help when you don't help us help you by answering questions. 

What type of phone is the new phone?

Have you done a factory reset?

If you haven't done a factory reset, you can try a network reset before doing a factory reset so you don't have to reinstall any of your apps.

robinbanks44

I can get phone calls

Nicotinebandaid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you are using an iPhone, there may be a setting you forgot to change. If that is the case going into settings > Messages> Send & receive  and check that your new number is there

Pizzaeh

@robinbanks44 wrote:

I have a 30 plan I fought the phone used I have had my SIM since November 

You activated the SIM and $30 plan in November?

Has the outgoing/sending texts never worked?

What phone model do you have?

Did you port in a phone number from another carrier?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robinbanks44 wrote:

Did you do any factory reset on the phone when you got it? Are you using the stock original texting app? Maybe there's a setting somewhere.

Which exact make/model is it? Which OS version is it on?

@robinbanks44If you cannot connect to data.. then make sure your APN settings is correct for Public Mobile.

@robinbanks44Besides inability to text can you connect to data? Have you tried to reset the phone?

robinbanks44

I have data but the phone tells me it can't get mobile conection

robinbanks44

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try the lost phone trick.

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-onstab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@robinbanks44What kind of phone do you have? What kind of text are you trying to send (SMS or MMS?).. have you entered the correct APN (see here)? Are you trying to send MMS?

@robinbanks44 

More information would be helpful.  Did you just activate a new plan and new phone number?  Port over a number?  Which plan do you have?  Are you able to recieve phone calls?  Data work, etc

robinbanks44

no I am on the 30 dollar plan 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robinbanks44 wrote:

I can makecalls butnot text on it I can receive them but they won't send out

Maybe you're on the $10 plan and you've used up the alotment. Do you see the texting line with the counter lower down on your overview page?

Need Help? Let's chat.