cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone sim card doesn't fit

kathryne13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just changed phones from an iphone to an LG G4 and unfortunatly I lost the card that came with the original SIM card so the SIM card that I have is too small to fit in my LG. Do I now have to buy a new SIM card or would it possible for Public to send me a new card?

13 REPLIES 13

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@kathryne13 If you´re still stuck check your private messages; I have the bits you need.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Darkwing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes i did activate my Public Mobile at Wamart I didn,t know all her activation circumstance,s.    I was just trying to help like every one should be on the Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Darkwing wrote:

I know if you go to Wamart and if you join Public Mobile they din,t charge you for a sim card but if you order on line they do charge you 10 dollars you should be able to get a free one at Walmart they did not charge me.

If one were to buy a SIM from somewhere other than Walmart...I hardly think one could walk in to a Walmart and get a free SIM and walk out.

They didn't charge you for your initial SIM because you had apparently activated in their store. That is their own deal. Not Public Mobile.

@Darkwing wrote:

I know if you go to Wamart and if you join Public Mobile they din,t charge you for a sim card but if you order on line they do charge you 10 dollars you should be able to get a free one at Walmart they did not charge me.

Smiley Happy they will charge you the 10$ for a new sim card only..if they want to sell you one! Sometimes they don't accept to sell you just the card without activation.

Probably you had a free sim card because you had a promotion with a free second month??

Darkwing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It comes in three sections you just push out the little piece you need 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any pharmacies nearby? Rexall, for example, sells SIM cards.

kathryne13

Thats what I was trying to avoid doing......but if its the only solution I guess. Thanks anyway....

@kathryne13 wrote:

I ordered my card directly from the public mobile site and i did check the dollar stores in my area they dont carry the adapter cards unfortunatly. I live in a small cottage town we don't have many options here.

Since you've already checked locally, I believe that the easiest and fastet solution would be to just order another sim card from Public Mobile.  The cost is $10.

kathryne13

I ordered my card directly from the public mobile site and i did check the dollar stores in my area they dont carry the adapter cards unfortunatly. I live in a small cottage town we don't have many options here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kathryne13 wrote:

Hi, I just changed phones from an iphone to an LG G4 and unfortunatly I lost the card that came with the original SIM card so the SIM card that I have is too small to fit in my LG. Do I now have to buy a new SIM card or would it possible for Public to send me a new card?

@kathryne13Maybe try the location where you bought the card to provide you with a blank punchout card or maybe the dollar stor might carry the adapters.

TriPunchSIM_1024x1024.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try a sim card adapter.

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nano-to-micro-normal-sim-card-adapter/10751808

If they does't work you may need to get another PM sim.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If the current sim card you have works fine, I'd just recommend to get your hands on an empty micro sim card converter (I see micro is the size for the LG G4) -- most carrier kiosks would have them lying around and I'd just ask. Most carriers now give out a universal SIM card...which is basically a nano card with 2-3 other sizes around it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.