New phone - same sim?

Kered13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Having to order a new phone.

If the sim card fits, can I use it?.

8 REPLIES 8

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Existing SIM will work in any unlocked phone as long as it can 'fit' into SIM slot.

If you currently have nano SIM and new phone will take nano that is simple switch. Otherwise let us know what size SIM do you currently have and what new phone will take and guys will advise (as they already did) how to use existing SIM in new phone.

@Kered13 

@darlicious 

I have SIM adapters (nano noosy) if any one needs.  PM me. 

You should be able to use old SIM and save the new SIM for an emergency replacement or for a referral. 

@Kered13 

If you ordered a "new" phone from pm it will come with a new sim card. Save the sim card for a friend or if you ever need to replace your current one. But if needed you could use the housing from the new sim card to make it larger if need be....unlikely but it's there if you need it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kered13 

is too easy take out the adapter off your old SIM card and use on your new phone...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kered13 

Yes you can.

Just make sure the appropriate adapter is being used (or not), depending on the SIM tray size of the new device.

HALIMACS_3-1635710143435.png

HALIMACS_2-1635710104404.jpeg

@Kered13   this is the removable housing @dabr  meant

E-SIM_Tricut

even you need a new one, it's around $5.99 to $10 from different stores .. just do no order from PM online as it might take long for delivery .  If you really need a new SIM, you need to follow this to request SIM change:  

SIM Swap Fraud: 2 factor-authentication - Community (publicmobile.ca)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kered13 wrote:

Having to order a new phone.

If the sim card fits, can I use it?.

@Kered13   Yes same SIM can be used plus some of the housing can be removed/added back to fit the new phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

depends on what kind of SIM you have on the old one

the new phone are usually nano-SIM

what model you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.