cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone, same PM SIM - needs to be unlocked

roxanne-michael
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just purchased a new IPhone XR from Walmart.  I just wanted to take my Public Mobile SIM from my old phone and put into the new XR but it says SIM card that you currently have installed in this phone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation server.  Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier.  Any help would be appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541  - Bingo!

If I've gone to the effort to type out something and end up finding that somebody beat me to it...I just do the little extra effort and say I got beat to it. But that's how I roll. Carry on.

@Spudster wrote:

Hi, @esjliv ???

I can only assume that esjliv may have accidently clicked on post beforre finishing, but may have realized that I had already said prety much the same thing that was originally going to be said. 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi, @esjliv ???

@roxanne-michael wrote:

Just purchased a new IPhone XR from Walmart.  I just wanted to take my Public Mobile SIM from my old phone and put into the new XR but it says SIM card that you currently have installed in this phone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation server.  Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier.  Any help would be appreciated. 

This phone shouldn't be carrier locked. Try connected your phone to your computer using the USB cable and launch iTunes.  This should finalize the iPhone "activation" process.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @roxanne-michael ,

Need Help? Let's chat.