cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone, old sim card?

Tetrovski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

Just got a new phone. Can I put the old sim card in there? or do I have to order a new one?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tetrovski wrote:

Hi, 

Just got a new phone. Can I put the old sim card in there? or do I have to order a new one?

Thanks.

As long as your SIM card is active you can use it in your new phone unless there's a compatibility  issue but that is unlikely. If it's too small then you don't have to replace it just buy a SIM card adapter. Around $5 at best buy or circuit city. Even cheaper online and good to have on hand. In a pinch you can use the larger card frame that it came with or pop into a cell store and ask for one thats heading to the trash can.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

An old used expired simcard? It shouldn't work. An old "never used" or current one? Should be fine.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Tetrovski wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks.

Adding to if it fits, the phone needs to ne compatible. If need umts and 2/5 for voice. You may also need to adjust APN to use data.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

By all means, if it fits, put it in. Then let us know what works and what doesn't and we'll try to work though it. You might be surprised how slick it works.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Tetrovski just put it in the new phone providing it fits! It it doesn't fit and you can't cut it out to a smaller one you'll have to buy a new one and change the Sim number in your self serve account 

Need Help? Let's chat.