cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone - no data

Rache115
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I make a post??? I need help. Got new phones last night (new to us) and they won't pick up the data so only work on wifi??? The X is giving me the most grief. Any help please?? 

[Title changed ...... Luddite]

41 REPLIES 41

@Rache115 wrote:

I can't get public data to link up to iPhone X can anyone help please 

I've moved the above message into your own thread. I'm a little confused about the issue.  Only data not working wouldn't be an issue with blacklisting.  Are you saying that you can sync to the Apple server to "activate" because of data not working?  Another way to get through the Apple activation process is to connect the phone by USB to a computer and to run iTunes.

Rache115

No talk or text. Basically nothing except wifi stuff is all!!! Can't figure it out ..... someone said maybe need new VPN? Or something. It was locked to bell and was also blocked cause she thought she lost it 😞

cant get it working at all she has unlocked it and unblocked it and my friends Bell card works but not any public mobile cards

@Rache115 wrote:

I bought off a lady who had it blocked cause she lost it ..... so today she had it unblocked and it was registered to Bell and my friends Bell card works in it ..... but our public mobile cards do not!?! 

Does voice work or is it just data not working? IPhone X is new enough of a model that it shouldn't be locked to Bell, but thesee devices do still need to check-in with the Apple server to check lock status after inserting a new carrier's sim card.

It's also possible that the device has not yet been released from the natiional blacklist, but that it is being allowed on Bell because they are the ones who blacklisted it to begin with (that part is speculation).

@Rache115 wrote:

I bought off a lady who had it blocked cause she lost it ..... so today she had it unblocked and it was registered to Bell and my friends Bell card works in it ..... but our public mobile cards do not!?! 

@Rache115 

Maybe try rebooting the phone with the PM card inserted.  Try network reset.  

Rache115

Rache115

I have a iPhone X and the SIM card won't work in it. The public mobile card works in the 7 (which my son has been running until today) then he put the sim into the iPhone X and it won't work. The cellular store said maybe I have to reset the VPN? Or something. I have no idea. I just want my sons phone to work 😞 

Rache115

I can't get public data to link up to iPhone X can anyone help please 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Does talk and text work?

If yes, it looks other APN settings. Try network reset in data options, or manually change the APN settings.

If not, it may be locked.

What phones are those?

Where did you get them from?

And for your first question

You can go the the applicable subject in the community (in your case hardware) Screenshot_20200219-132452~2.png

Then you will see a big green button "ask question"Screenshot_20200219-132407~2.png

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Rache115 

a) Make/model of each phone?

b) Assume you mean two different accounts?

c) Login to each account and confirm that you can see a data allowance listed under Data & add-ons. None there >> data all used.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Rache115 wrote:

How do I make a post??? I need help. Got new phones last night (new to us) and they won't pick up the data so only work on wifi??? The X is giving me the most grief. Any help please?? 

@Rache115  this is a Valentine's promo post.

We will need the Oracles to move this.

To make a post in future. On top left you click "Browse". Then you select a category that pertains to the question you have. Then On that page you will see "Ask a question".

Don't do it now as we will get Oracles to move this post for you.

What kind of phone do you have?

Does everything else work? Calls/text,?

You need to check the APN settings on your phone. They have to be like picture below.

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

Oracles please transfer post out of promo?

@Luddite @computergeek541 @ShawnC13 

Spoonsmom

Have you set up your sim card? Made sure the phone was not stolen and has been unlocked? (if they are locked the sim card won't be able to be read).

Need Help? Let's chat.