cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone from US

iCruise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have ordered a new phone that is coming out of the US. It is a Samsung Galaxy S10 lite. It wasn’t until after I placed the order that I realized that this phone has not been released in Canada yet.  Will it work on PM network?DE851BA5-3563-4CEE-BB99-74180982F7CE.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

@iCruise thanks, but the answer that you choose has nothing to do with the original question you asked. Someone looking at this situation later will be confused. My first answer or @Triguy 's would be a better choice. You can use the 3 dots top right of your post to remove and rechoose the correct answer. Stay safe.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iCruise wrote:

Is there a way to test the phone before I put my SIM card in it?  I now use a micro sim so once I reduce that to a nano sim I would not be able to put it back in my old phone. 

@iCruise hello keep your old piece if you need it again, good luck with your new phone!!

iCruise

I love PM and all the helpful people in this community. I can now breath and cannot wait to get my new phone. 🥰

@iCruise wrote:

Is there a way to test the phone before I put my SIM card in it?  I now use a micro sim so once I reduce that to a nano sim I would not be able to put it back in my old phone. 

@iCruise Hi you can save the piece to use it again if needed

@iCruise , @Triguy 's post above has a link to see if your phone is stolen. Also, if you punch it down carefully, you can put the nano sim back into the micro sim plastic and reinsert it into your old phone. Stay safe. 

iCruise

@iCruise if this is the phone in question https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s10_lite-9917.php then it has the required 3g and 4g LTE bands and is 100% compatible. Make sure its unlocked. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To test whether your phone i’s compatibility with our network and not marked as lost or stolen, click here.Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Please note that this information is indicative only. Your phone's compatibility with our 4G or 4G LTE networks is based on the radio frequencies of your phone. Public Mobile does not guarantee that your phone will work on our mobile network.

It should  besbe compatible. Make sure it is unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.