cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone but keeping the same phone number

KENOBIEc137
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I have a question to ask how do I go about getting a new phone but keeping the same cell phone number and sim card ???

14 REPLIES 14

antix1978
Spoiler
Spoiler
Ah yes, I do recall using some like that, I was thinking about the one where there is a latch.   Good call 😉 

taking out from old phone SIM slot is hard.. esp when it is the micro SIM and I need to use adapter.. 

@antix1978 

In my experience I find it a heck of a lot harder to keep the snapped in pieces together on the sim card when slipping it into the sim card slot on an older device (ie. flip phone) than placing it in a sim card tray on a newer phone..

antix1978

That's a good idea too, I used to have adaptors for when I was working as a tech.  But yes if the sim needed is bigger, the left over piece that came with public mobile will work, but I'd recommend only on phones without a sim card slot... But that is normally older phones where the sim is under the battery or you have to remove the back cover. 😉

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If the SIM required by your new phone is bigger, you can either get adapters to make it bigger but generally works best with a new SIM that's in-tact.  Some have saved the original SIM and used that as an adapter but can create issues in some circumstances.

Congrats on your new phone!  🙂

antix1978

Use the sim card in the new phone, size does matter of course... But a newer phone probably uses a nano sim, and if your sim happens to be bigger, well good news, it can be turned into a nano 😉 since it comes with 3 size options when you first buy it, and can always go smaller. 

@KENOBIEc137 

If you mean you may order a phone from Public Mobile, they all come with a new SIM card. Ignore it, use your existing SIM card then use the new unused SIM card to sign up a friend to PM.

AE_Collector

Yup, that's all!!!

KENOBIEc137

Lol my bad dude  😂😂

KENOBIEc137

Cool I didn't know so say if I order a new phone off the is website and delivered I just take out my sim card out of my old phone and put it in the new phone I got 🧐🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Who is thinking smut? The size of the SIM card needs to be right for each device. 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@KENOBIEc137 

Here's pictorial which may assist.  

The only factor in doing what you're trying to do is SIM card to sim-tray compatibility among devices  - which can be amended with sizing adapters on or off.

HALIMACS_0-1620863474495.png

HALIMACS_1-1620863515361.jpeg

oh boy, @Anonymous 

If PM's smut filter could do so based upon context, there's SO MUCH in that last post it would edit... 🤣🤣🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KENOBIEc137 : This was the whole point of the concept of the SIM card. Portability from device to device. Just pull out the card and insert it into a compatible, unlocked phone. Size matters. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.