cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member here no service

Drewaaa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Changed my sim card and now it’s no service. Cant call or text and no data. Need help to fix this.

13 REPLIES 13

Drewaaa

Just 1 pm sim and 1 freedom sim involved

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

I'm glad to see that things got straightened out, but I'm kinda confused. Was there more than 1 PM sim involved or what the heck happened to make it right ?

I'm also confused as I kinda think most of us were but luckily Dunkgirl divined the right words that made sense to the OP. And that's what matters. 🙂

Drewaaa

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Drewaaa wrote:

Yes . Account status is active with this number. This sim is what i used at freedom mobile before. Got the free sim today( which works) but changed to the one im using with freedom mobile because I want my old number. 

@DrewaaaDid you port your number from freedom mobile? If so, the freedom mobile sim will be deactivated once the transfer is complete, and the public mobile sim card will be with public mobile service combined with your phone number from freedom.

This helped. I was using the freedom mobile sim so it didnt work. Thanks dunkgirl 🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I'm glad to see that things got straightened out, but I'm kinda confused. Was there more than 1 PM sim involved or what the heck happened to make it right ?

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Drewaaa wrote:

I did port from freedom mobile sim i was using. The first sim worked and connected to public mobile. This ported one doesnt work though. Maybe i should wait? Its been like 2-3 hrs

@DrewaaaYour can only have 1 sim card associated with the account. Whatever sim is associated with your public mobile account use that one. The number porting will be on the account, and whatever sim is set up with that account.

Can you explain your entire process of each step you completed, something is not right with having 2 public mobile sim cards.

Carld123

Sounds like he/she inserted PM sim..it works..then tried to use the freedom one thinking the whole sim gets ported...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drewaaa wrote:

I did port from freedom mobile sim i was using. The first sim worked and connected to public mobile. This ported one doesnt work though. Maybe i should wait? Its been like 2-3 hrs

Yeah I'm a little confused as some of the kinds of questions you're getting here.

So you were with Freedom and you bought a Public Mobile SIM and went about activating it and chose to start porting your Freedom number over. All good if that's right.

So now, due to the fact that porting takes a while, your Freedom SIM still works but your PM SIM not so much. This is pretty normal. Just keep using the old SIM until it stops working. If that takes more than 4 or 5 hours then you'll need to contact the mods to get them to straighten out the port.

Does that make sense? Or am I completely off my rocker. 🙂

@Drewaaa wrote:

@DrewaaaSo you have 1 freedom sim and you have 2 public mobile sim cards?

I don't understand there may be some miscommunication somewhere, but you only need 1 public mobile sim card.

Drewaaa

Dunkgirl

@Drewaaa wrote:

Yes . Account status is active with this number. This sim is what i used at freedom mobile before. Got the free sim today( which works) but changed to the one im using with freedom mobile because I want my old number. 

@DrewaaaDid you port your number from freedom mobile? If so, the freedom mobile sim will be deactivated once the transfer is complete, and the public mobile sim card will be with public mobile service combined with your phone number from freedom.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Drewaaa wrote:

Changed my sim card and now it’s no service. Cant call or text and no data. Need help to fix this.

"New member" does that mean you just ported / created a new account and after activating your service and installing your one and only sim card that was used during activation you have "no service"?

Can you give more details? Did you port or new activation? How do you know you have no service? Are you not connected to public mobile network?

Drewaaa

Dunkgirl

@Drewaaa wrote:

@DrewaaaDid you sign into self serve and register that sim number? Is that sim card activated?

Need Help? Let's chat.