cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iphone

58caliber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son is giving me his old iphone because my Android from 2017 will be losing features in December. It doesn't currently have a sim card so I can't answer Public Mobiles question concerning the phone. I can get a card at Walmart but they don't do PM. I would need one for another carrier. Can I switch back after that? Would like to stay with PM.  Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

58caliber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. I will do that.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@58caliber just install the sim you have in your android into the iPhone. if it's says invalid sim or no sim then ask your son to unlock the iPhone from the carrier he is with

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@58caliber wrote:

My son is giving me his old iphone because my Android from 2017 will be losing features in December. It doesn't currently have a sim card so I can't answer Public Mobiles question concerning the phone. I can get a card at Walmart but they don't do PM. I would need one for another carrier. Can I switch back after that? Would like to stay with PM.  Thank you

What features will you lose in December ? What make and model is the phone ? Long as you can still talk/text and use data...should be good.

@58caliber 

Please clarify.

I would need one for another carrier. Can I switch back after that?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@58caliber wrote:

Walmart is BSing you then. Try Superstore or London Drugs. Know your preference.....let them set up for you..or buy Sim and take home and do it all yourself. Don’t forget to get a referral code for a $10 credit. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@58caliber wrote:

If you are currently with PM you can take your sim card out of your android phone and put it in the new phone from your son. You may need a sim adapter or punch it out to fit.

If you are currently not with PM use this store locator to purchase sim or you can buy it online from Canadian Cell Supplies (https://canadiancellsupplies.com/) for $3.99 right now.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

Need Help? Let's chat.