cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone SE Compatibility?

TheRickster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is the new iPhone SE 2020 compatible with Public Mobile?

18 REPLIES 18

@lixiaxie you have posted this in multiple threads. If you go back to any of the threads you posted this in many members have responded. Check out their response and see if it helps. Many of us get bombarded with these calls every day. Funny enough after I moved from Bell to public I don't get those calls anymore. 

@gblackma had given you a response twice now. 

@lixiaxie  just block the numbers. Stay safe.

@lixiaxie wrote:

My is

IPhone,I got fraud call more than 10 time each day nowadays 

@lixiaxie 

Fraud calls are annoying.  You can block them on your phone.  It is not generally a Public mobile service issue though.  If it continues, you could change phone numbers and that might help.  Hopefully, over time, the spam calls will just decrease.  

lixiaxie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My is

IPhone,I got fraud call more than 10 time each day nowadays 

DenverSandwich

All phones today have to be sold unlocked or be able to be unlocked at purchase for free. I'd just buy an unlocked iPhone SE from Apple directly or from a reseller like best buy. 

SameSE2020Q

the new iPhone SE (2nd edition 2020) is unlocked but it has 'dual sim' and that means electronic.   Public says they do not support E sims so try Koodo.  Check with the apple site and ask directly-- make sure they know you are buying from the Canadian site as US iPhones are not 'Sim Free'.

SameSE2020Q

go to their live chat and ask-- I was just told they do not support 'e-sims'.   Told me to try Koodo.  When you go to Koodomobile, they have the new iPhone linked to purchase for their plans.

SameSE2020Q

The new iPHONE SE (2020 aka 2nd edition with 'e-sims' (the dual sim in an electronic sim they say-- this info from Apple advisor today online re purchasing this new phone).

This, according to PUBIC online chat (just ended) says that they do NOT support 'e-sims' and they advised to try Koodo (Telus)--- Koodo sells the new iPhone SE's and they are included in a plan.   Complicated!   

Might have to not buy the new iPhone and get a flip phone for a pay as you go service unless Chattr has something.

@keenns wrote:

If I buy the new SE, how can it be unlocked?

New phones now are unlocked.

keenns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I buy the new SE, how can it be unlocked?

@fdrcamb519 im interested too...lol but seriously ill need to save up my savings with PM compared to what I would normally spend on my BELL bill, should have that money saved next week LOL

@iliketotalk and your wallet will empty before your paycheck hits it. lol

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@TheRickster yes I just posted about that phone today LOL 

IT WILL BE COMPATIBLE! 🙂 

sorry caps stuck on not yelling lol

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

yes, unlocked, no problem, i'm interested in it, on the outside looks like, iphone 8, inside its the components of a iphone 11, let us know if you like it.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TheRickster Yep Its perfectly compatible. Welcome to PM! 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@TheRickster  yes for sure that phone is so fast it will ring before someone calls you lol

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@TheRickster Of course, it will work with PM. Don't worry.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TheRickster , new phones like the iPhone SE 2020 will definitely be compatible with the Public Mobile service.  

Need Help? Let's chat.