cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM Phone wont work

res6cue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son lost his phone.  We bought a new one.  Didn't report lost.  Went and changed SIM Card in self service.  Phone will not activate though.  Said it was ok, but no service.  Please help.

14 REPLIES 14

claudelamoureux

If you can, try the new sim in a phone that works with Public Mobile, this way you will be able to rule out SIM issue versus phone issue.

@kh12 wrote:

my new SIM Public mobil not work Error Network or SiM card error. in my Samsung S4 and two other phones LG .My Number tranfer from VOIP.MS Number.

@kh12 Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

kh12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my new SIM Public mobil not work Error Network or SiM card error. in my Samsung S4 and two other phones LG .My Number tranfer from VOIP.MS Number.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@res6cue 

a) Reboot the new phone with the PM SIM installed. What message appears on the phone?

b) Try the PM SIM in another phone?

c) When he lost the phone did he report it lost in his PM account?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@res6cueAfter your son lost his phone and you got him a replacement. I assume you had also got a new SIM card too? Have you paired the SIM card to your son's account via selfserve? If not log ino and change the SIM card to the 19 digit of your son's new SIM card #. You need to do that in order for the SIM card to work.

It sounds like your iPhone is already unlocked.

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #

@res6cue Send a message via ? mark bubble possible your new sim number didnt register properly Simon will help you submit a ticket with moderators

res6cue

iPhone 6.  works fine with another active sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

@res6cue- What phone did you buy?  Did you check for compatibility?

@res6cue ok so you tried another sim from PM? and did that work?

res6cue

Not locked.  Tried another sim.

res6cue

Have tried power off/on.  No luck

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should report the lost phone.

For the new phone try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. You could potentially lose any rewards that have.  Also try adding a $1 payment. If you need to contact a moderator then click on the question mark on the bottom right to submit a ticket using Simon.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@res6cue hi did you buy the phone new? if not it could be locked to the old carrier

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.