cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone

derekt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I like the option of buying my own phone and get a basic plan as I do not always need a lot of data etc. Can anyone suggest where I can buy a something like a S7 . I prefer newer with a wararrenty. 

8 REPLIES 8

Farmermike
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

E-bay 

rfg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've always been able to find pretty good deals on eBay or Kijiji.  Whichever phone you end up looking at, do some research as most manufacturers make slightly different versions of the same model for use in different regions (North America, Europe and Asia).  The European and Asian ones tend not to support all the channels and frequencies that are common to North America.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Personally I just usually buy my phones super cheap on eBay, there are plenty of awesome sellers on there that are local with good warranties.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@derekt wrote:

I like the option of buying my own phone and get a basic plan as I do not always need a lot of data etc. Can anyone suggest where I can buy a something like a S7 . I prefer newer with a wararrenty. 

Newer model or new?  Best Buy and Staples have unlocked phones.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

www.Jpmobiles.ca is a good place to look. Phones start at affordable price and are all brand new. They come with a 1 year warranty. 

They are phones that carriers won't carry and are popular in other parts of the world. They make sure phones have all necessary bands to work in Canada. Years ago I bought my Samsung Galaxy J5 international version from them and it worked perfectly on PM. Looking to get my next phone from them.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@derektAmazon.ca is a good choice. Also check out RedFlagDeals.com the forums always list the latest deals. Right now Koodo has tons of deals, which might work out even cheaper than Public Mobile once the phone and gift certificates have been factored in.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

You can try www.getorchard.com. I think they have used phones with 30 day warranty.

Need Help? Let's chat.