cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: New Phone; iPhone4s, random ""We do not offer text outside of Canada" messages

Canada Wide. iMessage was on. Turning it off now. Maybe will solve my international texting problem (time will tell). But it does not solve my inability to connect to Public Mobile except with both Cellular Data and 3g on, and since I only get 1gb/3 months, I don't want to leave those on at all times.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: New Phone; iPhone4s, random ""We do not offer text outside of Canada" messages

@CE2JRH

I'm not sure if it's still applicable with the software updates that have came since, but have you tried going to http://unlockit.co.nz and changing the APN settings that way?

Via the phones Safari browser? Nah, but I could give it a shot.

Alright. I loaded the site, it prompted me to Create and install a APN with Public Mobile. I did.

Restarted phone for good measure after. No luck.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I doubt this post will be that useful; however, I just thought I would ring in.

I have experienced similar issues in the past with Public Mobile.. specifically when activating new accounts or changing to new phones.. I would receive periodically text messages like you are receiving regarding texts from outside Canada. In every case, the issue seems to have resolved itself after a short time period.

I never could figure out what was triggering this or why it was happening. I just know that it did stop.. and texting works as expected....

I think the other guy was right about the apple MMS, since I haven't gotten any more of those messages.

Unfortunately, I still can't use my phone at all without data off, which is problematic since I only have the smallest data plan. I'm hoping someone can still help me out with regards to that.

Whooops, spoke too soon. Was texting all morning, and now just got an error message --- Sorry, your current plan does not include text messaging. To update your plan to include texting and for info about your account, visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Whelp, someone just did something --- perhaps a moderator reset my account? It's suddenly showing a balance of $200 (different from last night, which was 0..so thanks for that, guys), my data usage got reset, and my auto-pay date went from December 2nd to December 29th.

But still no service unless I run data and 3g.

Available funds just dropped back to $0, so something or someone is definitely fiddling with my account. Off to breakfast, let's hope you guys got it figured out when I get back.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CE2JRH

Have you tried filling out the contact us form on the main page? If it's an account side error none of us would be able to do much