cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer with Active sim but no service and no access to online account

PenderChris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello All,

New customer here, I reviced my new Sim on Monday, I compleated the whole account activation and ported my phone number from Telus to PM, everything worked right upto the point when I paid, I then recieved a error message with my payment that told me to start again, I did this 4 times, same problem every time.

I decied to stop, I checked my Credit card, I had 4 transactions 3 for $0.00 and 1 for $44.80 so I know one of the times it worked.

This all happend around 10PM so I decided to goto bed, when I woke up my old sim from telus was not working so I installed the new sim from PM wich I was trying to activate the night before, it registered on the PM network, looked like number ported over too, GREAT! (but no....)

Couldn't make any calls out, recieve calls in, txt or anything, decided to log into my Online account, didn't work, says my email isn't verified, tried creating a new account with my ported number, the number is invalid, dialed *611 says my account is suspended need to make a payment, but when I check the balance says I have $40, so I tried to by a voucher and applying it to my account, still says I need to make a payment but now my balance is $80.

I'm so stuck and don't know what to do, this is my business number, I've been with out a phone almost all week.

I live in a very rual area, I can't just drive down to Wal-Mart and get a new SIM card, it take half a day to get anywhere where I live.

Modderators arn't replying to my messages.

Any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14

@PenderChris wrote:

Hello Everyone,

So as it turns out, my account never completely got set up when I originally registered my new sim and ported over to PM.

It took a moderator and the "support team" to release my account and allow me to create my new account.

It took just over 72 hrs from when I originally sent a message to the moderators and the time it took to get my phone working.

Hope it goes better from here.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Glad all is sorted. Should be smooth sailing from here on....Smiley Happy

Mikeyo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome glad to hear youe uo and enjoying your phone again..  only took 3 days though lol

PenderChris

Hello Everyone,

So as it turns out, my account never completely got set up when I originally registered my new sim and ported over to PM.

It took a moderator and the "support team" to release my account and allow me to create my new account.

It took just over 72 hrs from when I originally sent a message to the moderators and the time it took to get my phone working.

Hope it goes better from here.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

PenderChris

I did recieve a txt message from PM, it was a 4 digit number, I belive it's for account verification when you are using the *611 system, that code seems to work, i was trying things out with the add-ons.

Mikeyo

Same I have received neither 

PenderChris

No I never recieved a confirmation email or 6 digit pin from PM when I was originally registering.

It seems my account is only halfway setup.

@PenderChris wrote:

Not that I want to be done with PM, I was very excited to switch, and try somthing differnt, but I'm having a hard time seeling my wife on the switch now that it's not going so smoothly for me.

You shoukld have received a text to verifiy your email address. Did you get a text from PM?

@Mikeyo wrote:

Having the same issues. I went to London drugs yesterday and bought a sim and hooked it all up and loaded the credits..I have an unlocked galaxy s6 which I used with telus without problems but I am unable to connect to public mobile network. My phone states that the sim is unregistered. It sees the Sim and finds the network when I search manually but just tells me it cannot connect and try again later.  Updates apns.. Public Mobile compatibility checker says my one has been reported lost or stolen.. I think telus blacklisted me for owing money on a prepaid account lol. My self serve says my account is active and working and also has my sim card number on there.

Going to try changing imei as well as swapping antennae from my broken s7 edge.. also *#2263# settings were of no help but was worth a shot 

Your previous account has to be active and in good standing to port a phone number. I don't think Telus can blacklist your phone for an unpaid account but seems Telus owns PM they probably wont let you activate. Not sure how you plan on changing IMEI numbers as the IMEI number that the SIM reads has to be the same as the the one that is in the account.

PenderChris

Not that I want to be done with PM, I was very excited to switch, and try somthing differnt, but I'm having a hard time seeling my wife on the switch now that it's not going so smoothly for me.

PenderChris

Well I'm at the 48Hr mark now, just another 24, and I'll be done with PM forever

Mikeyo

Having the same issues. I went to London drugs yesterday and bought a sim and hooked it all up and loaded the credits..I have an unlocked galaxy s6 which I used with telus without problems but I am unable to connect to public mobile network. My phone states that the sim is unregistered. It sees the Sim and finds the network when I search manually but just tells me it cannot connect and try again later.  Updates apns.. Public Mobile compatibility checker says my one has been reported lost or stolen.. I think telus blacklisted me for owing money on a prepaid account lol. My self serve says my account is active and working and also has my sim card number on there.

Going to try changing imei as well as swapping antennae from my broken s7 edge.. also *#2263# settings were of no help but was worth a shot 

PenderChris

No I can't access my account, the initial Sim setup never completed and I didn't recieve the 6 Digit Pin and confirmation email.

But in my phone it says it's active and my number shows up

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Due to high issue volumes, the response from the Moderators will be at least 48-72 hours.  Not what you want to read I'm sure.

If you have wifi available, you can install an app such as Fongo or Textnow to at least get a free Canadian number working for voice calls, and on textnow, you could also SMS.

I wish you luck in your wait.  Hope it's over shortly.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@PenderChris

Hi and welcome. Thank you for the very detailed situation.

Confirm you are able to login to your account? 

Sounds like it may be a stuck port. You will need to contact the MODs.

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.