cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network locked

shegarty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, I just purchased and activated a new SIM for a backup phone (Samsung GT-S5830D). Everything went well with the activation but unknown to me the phone had loads of unsent text messages waiting to be delievered. Once the SIM was installed it looks like it sent 35 or so text messages and some have been confirmed as received. However, now the phone says that it is network locked and cannot send or receive messages or calls. Also, my account now says that I only have a $2 balance and that I have $8 owing on a $10 plan, however I have confirmed that I was charged for a $10 plan. What should I do?

3 REPLIES 3

careyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You may even be able to get an unlock code for the phone from any provider. When I needed some unlock codes, I just did an online chat with Telus. All they asked for was the IMEI, and they didn't care if it was one of their phones or not.

SoupySandwich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Call the previous provider for the phone (bell, Rogers...etc.)provide them with the IMEI and state that you just purchased the phone and would like the network unlock code.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shegarty

Your Samsung phone is locked to your previous provider.  You can get the unlocked code from them or get the unlocked code from Samsung Canada.

Is your account status Active?

If yes, the $2 available fund and $8 payment is for your next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.