cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network locked sim

Krys1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I unlock a network locked sim in a Samsung J3 prime?

6 REPLIES 6

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Krys1980 wrote:

It says network locked sim and it won't give me service and the card is an AT&T card

Given what I've read about U.S. carriers NOT having to provide unlock codes, like they do in Canada, I suspect you may have better luck in contacting Samsung for that code. Let us know how it turns out.... good luck! 👍 

I would say that Samsung Canada is unlikely to provide support for a product that was never interend by them to be used in Canada. Some companies will not provide support for porudcts sold in other countries, and the branches in each country sometimes operate somewhat indepdenetly from each other.

@Krys1980 wrote:

It says network locked sim and it won't give me service and the card is an AT&T card

Given what I've read about U.S. carriers NOT having to provide unlock codes, like they do in Canada, I suspect you may have better luck in contacting Samsung for that code. Let us know how it turns out.... good luck! 👍 

@Krys1980 

As stated above you can contact previous carrier or Samsung directly to get that code.  With Samsung, either call or live chat. 

Krys1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact Samsung and ask them to unlock it for you.  Or call the provider that the phone is locked with and ask them to do the same.  As long as the phone isn't locked into a plan with them they are required to do it free of charge.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Krys1980 

Is your phone locked to previous carrier?  If so, you will need to contact previous carrier.  

What at is the exact message shown?  That will help also direct our response. 

Need Help? Let's chat.