cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network connection

Rolando
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not getting internet or Public Mobilen network when ever I'm away from the place I'm renting. I had this problem before and I called the place where I bought the phone and he guide me to the settings APN and typed the information Name Public Mobile and APN so.mp.com. It worked when I did this for a while and this time it happened again. I don't have connection with the internet or Public Mobile Network when I'm away from the place I'm renting. When I checked the APN settings it was gone. I must have accidentally deleted it. I forgot the number to the place where I bought the phone before and I didn't keep a copy of the APN settings. The internet works at home because I'm using the network in the place that I'm renting. How can I fix this problem.

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rolando 

Make sure data is turned on and you have the correct APN settings.

APN.PNG

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rolando , just to clarify, the APN settings are needed for mobile data and MMS.  Network connectivity is reliant on there being a useful signal in the local area.  Even without a proper APN, the phone still can connect to the network and facilitate phone calls.  

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/motorola-moto-e5

@Rolando 

Here's the link for a Motorola moto G5 public mobile settings  you may need to enter into the search a different model of phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these setting.

@Rolando I can't give you you the exact method. You didn't give me a model but in general  for Motorola's To set the Access Point Name (APN) and turn on data settings, follow these steps:

• From any Home screen, tap the All apps key.
  • Tap Settings.
  • Tap More.
  • Tap Mobile networks.
  • Tap Access Point Names.
  • Enter the below  APN settings 
  • Tap the Menu key.
  • Tap Save.

APN settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: Not set      - or - default,mms,supl   ( if your mobile hotspot is spotty add "dun")
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: Not set
MVNO value: Not set

Enable data and restart your phone. Try sending an mms message and surfing the internet. Stay safe. 

Rolando
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Motorola

Android

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Rolando for more detailed help, whats the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. Stay safe 

Need Help? Let's chat.