cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network compatibility check

kanewt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm wanting to see if my iphone SE is compatible with Public Mobile.  When I enter my IMEI number into "Check Your Phone" I get a message saying "Network Compatibility check is not available at this time".  When (if ever) will it be available.  My unlocked phone seems to not recognize your SIM.

6 REPLIES 6

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@kanewt wrote:

I'm wanting to see if my iphone SE is compatible with Public Mobile.  When I enter my IMEI number into "Check Your Phone" I get a message saying "Network Compatibility check is not available at this time".  When (if ever) will it be available.  My unlocked phone seems to not recognize your SIM.

Compatibility checkers don't need to be used if you know phone is comptaible.  They have errrors too.  Manufacturer is often a better compatibility reference.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kanewt wrote:

@kanewt Iphone normally picks up the first carrier in the phone record. You need to go to apple store and they will fix it for you.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@kanewt  Is your iPhone all setup or is it a wiped iPhone? Either case, make sure you have wifi. If you put in the SIM card into a carrier locked iPhone, the iPhone will be redirected to Apple's activation page. If that's the case, then you will need to get it unlocked.

If your phone is unlocked and not recognizing the SIM, the best way to diagnoise the issue is to put the SIM into any other phone to see if it gets recognized. If that's the case, then there is physical problem with your phone.

If your SIM card is not recognized on the other phone.. well you know what your problem is.

cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it should work  

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried this?

https://willmyphonework.net/

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kanewt wrote:

@kanewt  If the sim is not recognized it probably means that you phone is locked to the previous provider. You just need to give them a call and ask them to unlock your phone and once that is done the PM sim should be able to work on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.