cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Signail

ZahidPatel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I puit my Public Mobile sim into a brand new unlocked phone and its not giving me any network signal  My Phone is the NUU G3..Can you pls advise on what I can do..The sim works on any other phone but not on this one

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

He da man (assuming). But even the expert couldn't find definitive proof of this phone.

Wow 😮😮 talk about super fast response. Awesome @sheytoon 👌👍  hopefully the OP comes back. Thank you for chiming in so quickly.

W-CDMA and UMTS can be considered equivalent. Technically W-CDMA refers to the FDD implementation of UMTS. The TDD version of UMTS has a different name, but it wasn't widely deployed outside of China.

There's no reliable specs for this phone so it's hard to tell if it's compatible. Can you force it to 3G only and search for networks? Also try forcing to 4G only: voice won't work, but network registration should be ok.

@Anonymous  yes it is hard with these types of phones lol. 

Maybe @sheytoon  can help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 : I think around here it's generally understood that that site isn't very good. ie. they'll often say PM is 2G. Not.  This is also the problem with these obscure phones. So you have to hunt around and find corroborating evidence from one to another. And then good luck finding whatever the manufacturer is some cases.

But sheytoon's the telco guy.

@Anonymous  Thanks I checked wikipedia. Still somewhat confused lol. You guys know more then me on this. I just googled the phone and it came up on Amazon as being sold in USA then the review article came up. I know there is CDMA networks in US so when I seen 3g said Wcdma. Just figured "well that's likely the reason it ain't working" lol. 

I just searched a bit more and found the below on Frequency Check for model N5702l (if that's OPs phone mode).

https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/KXpJcay/nuu-g3-dual-sim-lte-a-n5702l/canada 

This is what came up. 

Screenshot_20210120_163424.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 : I think the terms are interchangeable in that the manufacturers and carriers mention them but that they work together. If there's a mention of WCDMA then you can generally bet (in Canada) that it's UMTS. Check out UMTS on Wikipedia.

@srlawren  isn't PM UTMS n not wcdma? For 3g.

4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS). band 12, band 5, band 2, band 1, band 4

HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS). B2, B5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jb456 wrote:

@ZahidPatel 

Found this review page on the NUU G3.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidheadlines.com/2018/12/nuu-mobile-g3-review.html/amp

Screenshot_20210120_090328.jpg

Doesn't look compatible to me with Public Mobile.

@Jb456 if that graphic is correct, then this phone is compatible.  3G WCDMA Band 2 (1900MHz) and Band 5 (850MHz) are exactly what is required for voice service on PM and also support text and data.  And every listed LTE band shown in the image are compatible with Public Mobile, supporting text and data.  

If the image is correct, the problem is something else.  @ZahidPatel are you 100% sure the phone is actually carrier-unlocked? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ZahidPatel 

Found this review page on the NUU G3.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidheadlines.com/2018/12/nuu-mobile-g3-review.html/amp

Screenshot_20210120_090328.jpg

Doesn't look compatible to me with Public Mobile.

ZahidPatel

yes i have selected the public mobile option but it saying registering on Public Mobile network than a few seconds after a sign comes up saying cannot connect to this network for the moment pls try again later

@ZahidPatel , can you try searching for and manual selection of Public Mobile network.  Normally auto network selection works.  Since it doesn't seem to be working here, manual selection should show whether Public Mobile is available for selection.  

@ZahidPatel According to FrequencyCheck, your phone will not work here at Public Mobile.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.58.50 AM.png

@ZahidPatel 

Please make contact to Moderators with that information as to your phones make/model/build is supported by the Public Mobile network in your area.

Again, here's how:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

ZahidPatel

the frequency bands on my phone are Speed.LTE: 700MHzClass 17 LTE : 850 / 1900 /2600 MHz LTE : 1700 / 2100 MHz LTE : 700 MHz BAND 12

@ZahidPatel 

Have you been able to try another supplier's SIM card in it to test it?  For instance, if anyone near you may have cell service with ANOTHER provider, try their SIM card in your new phone to see if it works.

If all these troubleshooting steps don't work, try contacting the Moderators to inquiry with phone specifics.   They are customer service employees with Public Mobile.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

ZahidPatel

My Phone is called the NUU G3

@ZahidPatel 

Check the frequency bands supplied to make sure your phone is compatible.

Also, check out the compatibility checker:  (see 1/2 down below page)

Get Started (publicmobile.ca)

ZahidPatel

the sim works on any other phone no problem only this phone it wont register to the Public Mobile network

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ZahidPatel 

Ensure any updates are completed on phone, then re-boot phone, re-insert SIM card.

You might also try ANOTHER supplier's SIM card (friend or family member) in the new phone to see if the new phone works with that other supplier SIM.

EDIT:  To ensure phone compatibility, Public Mobile uses following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).  band 12, band 5, band 2, band 1, band 4
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).   B2, B5

Need Help? Let's chat.